Brake error message

Hi, 

My car hasn't been used for a week, and come to start it today and the following message popped up. 

Is this because the car hasn't moved? 

It went into the garage recently for a service, and they said the brake fluid was around 3% water so I should.get it changed as soon as possible. Not sure if that's any relevance? 

IMG_20200403_141355.jpg

The only thought from me given the mileage, are the brake pads low or brake fluid low. Both would maybe give a dash warning if low.

My Mazda gives a red brake warning light on the dash if fluid is low.

Check the above first but consult the handbook for answers but if your knowledge is limited then best call is a garage if available.

• Like 1

Skoda's do indeed tend to throw up some sporadic and seemingly unrelated faults when the battery isn't healthy.

Glad the fix was a relatively easy one to resolve 👍

I'm guessing that given how much we're all using our cars at the moment there will be plenty more similar threads over the coming months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Skoda's do indeed tend to throw up some sporadic and seemingly unrelated faults when the battery isn't healthy.

Glad the fix was a relatively easy one to resolve 👍

I'm guessing that given how much we're all using our cars at the moment there will be plenty more similar threads over the coming months.

Yeah, that is very true. 

No other lights came up on the dashboard so didn't appear to be anything serious. 

Funnily enough my girlfriend's Ford also went flat and a very similar message appeared. Again, once the battery was charged the message went away. 

All a bit strange! 

• Like 1

My battery needed replacing nearly 2 years ago. I found out when fault warning lights came up on the dash that indicated the traction control has a fault. The codes were read and indicated the TPS (throttle position sensor) was at fault. Nothing of the sort, replacing the battery fixed it. 

As above says, these VAG cars throw up some unrelated fault codes when sometimes it's just the battery low on power and luckily my mechanic sussed that.

• Like 2