Note for Fab vRS owners..

Neo_VR

Check your oil!!!!!

Ive just checked mine after 3500 miles.. and its on the minimum mark!

now.. errm which oil does it use?

Just watch and make sure you check it at the right tempertaure. I checked my oil and found it on the minimum mark but then it rose and as such didn't need any oil. HGowever PD130 engines apparently do use a little more oil.

Just watch and make sure you check it at the right tempertaure. I checked my oil and found it on the minimum mark but then it rose and as such didn't need any oil. HGowever PD130 engines apparently do use a little more oil.

What is the right temp? i checked mine cold

Colin, the Octavia Owner's Manual advises checking the oil level at regular intervals and recommends doing this each time you refuel and before a long journey. The Fabia's Manual should have the same advice. Leaving the check for 3500 miles is way OTT, even if the oil consumption is minimal in practice.

Colin, the Octavia Owner's Manual advises checking the oil level at regular intervals and recommends doing this each time you refuel and before a long journey. The Fabia's Manual should have the same advice. Leaving the check for 3500 miles is way OTT, even if the oil consumption is minimal in practice.

Lol.. yeah.. dont forget, being a TDi it goes many miles before needing fuel.

ill nip out @ lunchtime to grab some oil.. i dont trust halfords own brand.

what is it im after 506.1? in the manual it just says look at technical datasheets for the PD engine.

normally i check the oil every week, but ive been too busy.. on the same note, its only been washed once in 2 months :(

Check your oil!!!!!

Thanks for reminding me Colin ;)

Regarding which oil, I don't want to start yet another debate, but is the castrol longlife oil worth forking out for if the car doesn't come from factory with that oil in it ???

Or more to the point, does anyone know exactly which oil the Fabia vRS comes with so we can top it up with the same stuff ?

I'll try and check mine today.

Cheers for the heads up anyway :)

Check your oil!!!!!

ooops I'm another one who needs to check his oil - got 4.5K on the clock!!!

Brakes seem to have well and truly lost their edge too, has anyone else noticed this?

Spec VW 505 01 oil is for unit injection system diesel engines (ie PD) on fixed service intervals, and VW 506 01 for the same engine on variable servicing. The latter is a Longlife oil sold as Castrol SLX 2 and BP Visco 7000 Longlife II amongst others. BP Visco Special V 5W-40 and BP Visco 7000 0W-40 both meet VW 505 01 so there would appear to be a choice of oil viscosity available.

On the subject of checking engine oil level, my eldest son is currently driving down the A1 from Newark in a company Zafira. The engine is juddering and smells hot, and the oil level is at the bottom of the dipstick! There are no BP garages for another 20 miles or so (the vehicle comes with a BP fuel card). Will it seize or won't it??? :shocked:

Made a trip to Horners manchester @ lunchtime.. they topped up the oil FOC.. :thumbup:

their technician is also gonna call me this afternoon to answer some of my technical questions and book it in for some ajustments.. (it pulling to the left is really annoying me!)

Brakes seem to have well and truly lost their edge too' date=' has anyone else noticed this?[/quote']

I was thinking that at duxford, first i thought it was the bad weather. As it is still going on today i was beginning to wonder, also has anyone found that the standard michelins on the vrs fabia a bit on the crap side in the rain?

also has anyone found that the standard michelins on the vrs fabia a bit on the crap side in the rain?

Michelin Pilots aren't great in the wet, but they wear really well. And there are worse wet-weather tyres out there! Practice a bit of sideways, it's more fun anyway... :D

Rob.

also has anyone found that the standard michelins on the vrs fabia a bit on the crap side in the rain?

That was the first thing i commented on when i got the car..

Im sure i would have done much better on the Tyred Goat if i could get a bit more damp traction in 2nd gear :D

Thats alright then as mine has the same problem. Traction is not what it used to be, especially if the poor asr cannot cope with a little chipped diesel engine. :D

Sounds very familiar to me! Lack of traction in the wet and 2nd gear. mmmm, now where did I come across that problem..........OH YEAH!! My furby. ;)

I agree the tyres are bloody useless and the only saving grace is that michelins do wear well. But that doesn't help my grip problem.

I spose I should also check my oil level as I have now done 3000 miles and not checked it! :confused:

My tdi used a fair amount of oil while being run in (1L in around 5k miles). This went down immediately after the 1000 mile oil service.

Its ok now though and hardly ever needs topping up (uses maximum .75l between 10,000 mile services)

I'll be keeping a close eye on the new furby!

My tdi used a fair amount of oil while being run in (1L in around 5k miles). This went down immediately after the 1000 mile oil service.

Its ok now though and hardly ever needs topping up (uses maximum .75l between 10' date='000 mile services)

I'll be keeping a close eye on the new furby![/quote']

Must be getting close now. When is your expected delivery date mate?

Thanks for reminding me Colin ;)

Regarding which oil' date=' I don't want to start yet another debate, but is the castrol longlife oil worth forking out for if the car doesn't come from factory with that oil in it ???

Or more to the point, does anyone know exactly which oil the Fabia vRS comes with so we can top it up with the same stuff ?/

I wonder if oil is dealer dependant and some dealers use different oils than others. Mine uses Esso Ultron, and I was told what ever you do don't put the 1.9 TDi Fabia's oil in the 1.9 TDi Octavia!

• 9 months later...