Wiring loom connector plug help

wg100

Hi all,

I need to extend a wiring loom (one that came with the parts I bought is for LHD, so too short) but rather than butcher the existing loom to extend it, I wanted to create a new one. The issue comes with the plug which is a 14 pole plug 6X0973817. I can’t figure out how to extract the existing terminals. None of my plug terminal extraction/release tools can get in deep enough to release the terminals. Does anyone have any advice or a source of a new plug? I’ve found some on eBay but they are Eastern European based with a long delivery time given the reduced aircraft movements at the moment.

A929E92A-F0C1-42B7-A601-B0793A623FCE.jpeg

Can't help with connectors but if you do have enough slack then 2 small connectors are better than a 14 way?

Neater would be 2 offset couplers pairs, one with 8 ways and a 6way , then again offset them again at the other end.

Existing 14Plug ===existing=====BIG 14 coupler =====extension ========BIG 14coupler =====existing loom

versus

Existing 14Plug--------smaller 8 way---------------extension--------------smaller8way-----------------------------------loom

-----------------------------smaller 6way----extension------------------------ smaller6way---------------loom

Edited by NJRJ
Tidied drawing