Front splitter

2 hours ago, Bigeater said:

That looks great 👍

Can't wait to get mine on. Diy job was it?

Yes fitted it myself but I am a Skoda tech with bodywork background as well, only used a few of there fixings and used tiger seal to bond it as I didn’t want loads of holes, and to be fair it’s fitted more secure with a run of tiger seal than using there screws, no gaps of movement whatsoever 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sherlocks VRS said:

Yes fitted it myself but I am a Skoda tech with bodywork background as well, only used a few of there fixings and used tiger seal to bond it as I didn’t want loads of holes, and to be fair it’s fitted more secure with a run of tiger seal than using there screws, no gaps of movement whatsoever 👍

Looks good.  Lufly colour on your Sportline too :thumbup:

For smaller trim pieces, such as rear side skirt extensions (that run from rear arches back) would you say that Tiger seal would hold without needing to drill/screw into the bumper? 

1 hour ago, penguin17 said:

Looks good.  Lufly colour on your Sportline too :thumbup:

For smaller trim pieces, such as rear side skirt extensions (that run from rear arches back) would you say that Tiger seal would hold without needing to drill/screw into the bumper? 

Definitely tiger seal is amazing at holding trim parts on its used for that in the trade

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sherlocks VRS said:

Definitely tiger seal is amazing at holding trim parts on its used for that in the trade

Thanks. Is there any need to spread the bead across the fixing area beforehand or just let it spread under pressure, as you offer the trim up? 

I’m guessing less is best? 

Just now, penguin17 said:

Thanks. Is there any need to spread the bead across the fixing area beforehand or just let it spread under pressure, as you offer the trim up? 

I’m guessing less is best? 

Best to do a wavy line and press on hard and fix with masking tape till it cures ideally overnight if possible 

1 minute ago, sherlocks VRS said:

Best to do a wavy line and press on hard and fix with masking tape till it cures ideally overnight if possible 

Perfect, thanks.  I have some Maxton rear side skirts inbound.  I'll order some Tiger seal to fit.  I really didn't want to drill into the bumpers as I think it's overkill for the size/weight of the trim.