MOT Covid-19 extension

Does anyone know how the Gov MOT extension works?  My car was orginally due an MOT at the end of Jun and I received notification to say that had been extended to end of December - no problems there.   But then what. Will my 2021 MOT date revert back to JUN as original or will it be 1yr from the last test date ie Dec 2021.

If it's the Jun '21 date then I'm thinking I may as we have the MOT done now rather than wait until December.

Edited by Guest

New MOT will last a year from when issued, or up to 13 months if you get it done a month early. Mine had an extension avaialble exactly like you but I had it done as usual to keep it in line with registration/tax date for ease of remembering, also had it done now to avoid the rush when normal MOT's are due and the postponed cars need doing.

If you wait to December the MOT centres will be busy with standard December MOT's, plus June's postponed MOT's and then it's Xmas and New Year!

Thanks for the info.  Any details I read on gov website only mentions the extension, it makes no mention of the consequences. Perhaps they hadn't thought about it. :nerd:

Mandatory mot test start again from 1st august been announced today 6 month extension still applies for cars that needed test between end of march and july 

Edited by Mickvrs220
Spelling
  • Like 1