Two tv progs that may interest

Tilt

This Thursday............... On The Road ITV4 8pm, and....... Worlds Greatest Cars on Quest at 9pm.

Possibly been on elsewhere before though.

• Thanks 2

And another one this Friday (the 13th:o) on Blaze at 9pm.

Supercars of the 80's.......................... hour and a half with The Hoff of course, who else, Lol.

Just watched 'On the road' with Mr Noodles. Quite enjoyed it. it didn't have anyone pretending they had converted a bread van into an intercontinental ballistic missile that could herd sheep. Only Tiff's rather fake laugh grates a little, but he has always done that, so I forgive him :) 

It seems a car show about....er, cars :) very like their YouToob shows 

I did notice that some of the show was rather jerky in places as it looked like it was suffering from dropped frames. Perhaps some of the shots were recorded in an incompatible frame rate? Surprised it got through quality control though to be honest.

Edited by Lady Elanore

I watched the Sports Cars one on Quest; not too bad and an unsurprising winner. I mean, they've been constantly refining and tuning it since the 60's.
I did see an ad on Quest during it for a prog called Motor Pickers which just looks like a rehash of the ITV car show from a few years ago (I forget the title now) even down to chalking the price on the windscreens. Premise; person wants used car, presenter offers three or four used cars, person has to choose a winner.

I've set my SKY planner to record the 'On the road' series :) I like the new presenter too, Sid North I think is his name? The show is a bit like Fifth Gear with all the nonsense removed, or at least most of it removed :) They just need to sort their video out 

9 hours ago, Lee01 said:

I watched the Sports Cars one on Quest; not too bad and an unsurprising winner. I mean, they've been constantly refining and tuning it since the 60's.
I did see an ad on Quest during it for a prog called Motor Pickers which just looks like a rehash of the ITV car show from a few years ago (I forget the title now) even down to chalking the price on the windscreens. Premise; person wants used car, presenter offers three or four used cars, person has to choose a winner.

Could it be 'Modern Wheels or Classic Steals.......... it's on tv at lunchtime weekdays.

9 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I've set my SKY planner to record the 'On the road' series :) I like the new presenter too, Sid North I think is his name? The show is a bit like Fifth Gear with all the nonsense removed, or at least most of it removed :) They just need to sort their video out 

Paul Woodman......;)

4 hours ago, Tilt said:

Paul Woodman......;)

Nope I know who Paul Woodman is as I've watched him and Tiff on my 'pooter, the young bloke that did the electric feature is Sid North. Found this on Yuutoob, he looks a handy driver too 

4 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

. Found this on Yuutoob, he looks a handy driver too 

He needs a booster seat or to be sitting on his dads lap!

If you look carefully his eyes are only just above the top of the steering wheel but barely so, no more than one inch, no way will he be able to see the extremities of the bonnet & wings let alone an animal or child ahead in the middle distance.

Whenever you see see footage of Richard Hammond in a supercar its the same thing.

Probably just as well that they have to have the seat all the way forward, that will gain them 20m of close forward vision which might save a childs life.

Good show again with Tiff and Paul, with bits from Olly and Sid..........

I especially liked the Mclaren Longtail sales pitch regarding the options list........ one of the options is to have f-all in it, Lol.

And that includes the door cards.

Worlds greatest cars was not so great this week imo, but Hot Hatch lovers would have loved it...... Looking forward to next weeks programme.

Followed by Motor Pickers......

I enjoyed the Tiff and Paul show, although I hope they don't start with too much lampooning about and staged scenarios. I guess they have to do a little play acting just to set the scene up, but it can so easily stray into that Top Gear thing of trying too hard to have a good time. Not watched the Worlds Greatest Cars thing yet. Was the latest one about old hot hatches or just the current crop? 

2 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

. Not watched the Worlds Greatest Cars thing yet. Was the latest one about old hot hatches or just the current crop? 

All of the old ones with the exception of the Ford (cannot remember Fiesta or Focus) ST... Oh, and a middling Honda Civic Type R.

Top slot awarded to the Golf GTi....... With the ST a close second.