Torque wrench

io1901

Just changed the wheels on the mini clubman (summer to winter) and went to torque them with a Silverline torque wrench that I've had for some time and it's managed to break it's self in it's case ( more likely when I put it away) and is no longer a wrench and spins. Anyway anyone got any reasonable priced suggestions for a replacement bearing in mind it'll probably only be used twice a year.

Like you, I use one very infrequently these days.  Having broken two expensive (ish) ones, I decided to take a simpler route and got one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-34487-2-Inch-Square-Torque/dp/B0001K9T24/ref=asc_df_B0001K9T24/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=226606326869&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13210735966662742107&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006692&hvtargid=pla-423123558663&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Not recommending the seller, just an example.   Given my infrequent need for one, this does the job for me, and I like the simplicity.

Gaz

• Like 1