Harry's Garage vids.

Ootohere

Much as I love Harry's Zagato, especially in that colour, when he had it next to the rally Fulvia, I think I prefer the standard shape. 

Who am I kidding, i'd be thrilled to bits to own either :D 

• Like 1

If I were to be picky, I wasn't sure about the headlight covers on the Zagato :thinking:

Fab to watch its progress though, and the skill of those involved.  And of course the back story in relation to Harry 😎

Gaz

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris Harris seems to prefer it to the Saloon/Coupe 

It's a big chunk of change, though, especially in the spec the testers get them. I looked at the carbon seats, but apart from it stretched my budget too far, they were really difficult to get out of with any grace. Nobody wants to see a middle-aged person trying to clamber out of their sport(ing) car and making it look like they to buy something more age appropriate :D 

My brother had a V12 XJS from the (I think) late 1970's.  It never ran on more than 11, which he was told at the time (mid 1980's) was pretty good all things considered.

Reckon Harry stands a good chance and is in goods hands.

Gaz

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/03/2023 at 19:01, Lady Elanore said:

One day, Harry will get this to run reliably. Gorgeous looking car

'A teeny bit excited....':

Definitely a Harry's car 😎

Gaz

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

I watched this ^^^ and then this...

Now tell me which sounds best. They both sound beautiful, the complexity of the V12 vs the growl of the V8. In the end, I came down on the V8s side, which surprised me.

Edited by Lady Elanore

19 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Now tell me which sounds best. They both sound beautiful, the complexity of the V12 vs the growl of the V8. In the end, I came down on the V8s side, which surprised me.

I agree - the V12 is silky smooth and almost screams but lacks real emotion IMHO, however the angry thunder of the V8 makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I'm on the fence, when some V8's are up in the rev range like that, I get that any-second-now-I'm-gonna-throw-a-rod feeling of angst 😧

Maybe it's me age - V12 for me :nod:

G

14 hours ago, Gaz said:

I'm on the fence, when some V8's are up in the rev range like that, I get that any-second-now-I'm-gonna-throw-a-rod feeling of angst 😧

I never got that from my V8 RS4, even when I had to remapped to have a redline of 8600rpm - i just had to get the revs that high even more often 😁

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...