Retrofitting front parking sensors

I am looking at buying a Superb, but it seems that most in my price range haven't been optioned with front parking sensors.

They are fitted on my current Octavia and I wouldn't be without them. Getting out of a tight parking space is made much easier.

Looking at the complete kits available from China, they come with absolutely everything you need to do it.

Have any of you retrofitted them? Just how involved is it?

I am quite confident in most jobs, but don't want to be left with half a disassembled car after faffing for hours.

Looks like a decent quality kit, how much are they?
Very few cars were optioned with the fronts to be honest but I suppose if it's something you've gotten really used to then it's nice to have.. fitting the £12 rear view camera handle was a revelation. :)

On 25/01/2021 at 16:28, lichfielddriver said:

Ive a kit in the shed bought basically to play with, cost a whole £12

sons passat has no rear sensors but wont let me try fitting..

ref the fronts, i note Nissan Qashqai sensors are not fitted in-bumper but on brackets ...just a though

Given some of your posts I can understand him not letting you fit them. 

• 3 years later...
On 26/01/2021 at 19:56, softscoop said:

They are around £95 from China.

Sorry to necro post ........ but, I've just bought one of those (exact same photo) for £133 + vat

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967569064.html

Its come complete - except for the instructions 😞

I've worked my way through wiring diagrams from Erwin and think I have where all the wires need to connect to all worked out.

I can't find the route the cables are supposed to take from the PDC controller in the right rear wheelarch to the engine bay and down to the bumper. I have all of the right hand side sill trim removed (fitted a handle type rear camera whilst this was coming from China) and there's nothing visible there  except the loom for my trailer electrics (fitted by a trailer company). So I'm assuming it crosses the car somewhere and goes along the left sill ........

I've got one bolt left to brutally extract before I can get the front bumper off to drill the holes for the sensors.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome 🙂

Bumper off and bolt removed (in 3 pieces). I’ll be drilling the bumper holes on saturday and then running cables to the front bumper.

Any chance of someone tipping me the nod as to whether this should go through on the off side behind the washer bottle or on the near side under the battery …?

TIA

David