Delivery times?

On 29/01/2023 at 07:35, Stuart_S said:

So I’ve finally requested cancellation of my order today as the whole thing was becoming ridiculous - PHEV estate in race blue with tow bar, wireless charging, winter pack.  I bought a Volvo V60, B4 MHEV estate with only 6500 miles instead.  Happy days!  😁  I will probably never consider a Skoda again. 

/cdn-cgi/mirage/190e0babfd6bd9663f569518f878643094c11ca8ce9e61d9b9bba60525b67069/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2023_01/0AF49C0C-C0F3-472D-AB0D-46645D9575ED.thumb.jpeg.6c57fe9a8ad9a6d1b904af1fdfa5482c.jpeg

Should be a great car! My father had the earlier model of V60 and I can honestly say that it’s the best car that I’ve ever driven with a manual gearbox. Smooth and easy to drive, much better than my manual Octavia in that regard!

2 hours ago, Simon667 said:

Just had another update come through

"Your new Octavia Hatch SE L 1.4 TSI iV 204 PS DSG is currently allocated an unconfirmed build in the week commencing 16 October 2023. Though this can still change depending on the factory schedule, based on that date we’d expect it to arrive at the dealership around 27 November 2023."

If this is correct which i doubt at this point, it will be 2 years and 2 days from order to delivery....

Wow, that just insane, 2 years for the car. I think i should call dealer,i think i will receive same news, as car was ordered august 21.

Edited by Semiconductor34
  • Groan 1

8 hours ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Wow, that just insane, 2 years for the car. I think i should call dealer,i think i will receive same news, as car was ordered august 21.

I have an unconfirmed build week of 35 - August.  SEL PHEV ordered Feb 22 deliveery estimat Aug 22. I as still chasing with Skoda UK.

May the waiting end 

According to the lease company my car is scheduled to be in stock 27/02/23, aiming to be delivered mid March. Ordered Sept 21 (VRS iV Estate). 

At what point do I receive the “it’s been delayed again” E mail i wonder😂

• Groan 1

It would seem that the last lot of PHEV were delivered in September. We are now seeing two more delivery periods weeks in early spring and early autumn. I have updated my current delivery estimate in the tracker and I would ask others to do the same. Similarly if have received your car and not updated the tracker please do so. Better data gives us all a better facts as to what’s happening. Given octavias seem to be the poor relation in Skoda deliverables it may be time for a concerted effort to raise the issue on every media platform we can. This would require a separate topic to discuss tactics and sound bites. Thoughts. 

iV estate lease ordered Sep 21.  Another ordered Dec 21.  Zero information from then until today when we finally pulled the plug.

Completely unacceptable behaviour and I can’t see my company will ever consider  another Skoda.

On 07/02/2023 at 12:25, AllanDJ said:

Should be a great car! My father had the earlier model of V60 and I can honestly say that it’s the best car that I’ve ever driven with a manual gearbox. Smooth and easy to drive, much better than my manual Octavia in that regard!

Safe to say I absolutely love it!  Money well spent!  Never did like the vRS wheels that much anyway!  😂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Snoda said:

iV estate lease ordered Sep 21.  Another ordered Dec 21.  Zero information from then until today when we finally pulled the plug.

Completely unacceptable behaviour and I can’t see my company will ever consider  another Skoda.

Similar position here, vRS iV Estate (company lease) ordered Nov '21 and still no confirmed build date.

What have you ended up going for as an alternative?

9 minutes ago, P100HP said:

Similar position here, vRS iV Estate (company lease) ordered Nov '21 and still no confirmed build date.

What have you ended up going for as an alternative?

Not sure what my colleague will go for yet but yesterday we were offered a pre-registered Peugeot 3008 PHEV for immediate delivery.  BIK isn’t as good as the Skoda (mine was standard, not vRS) but it actually exists as opposed to the pipe dream from Skoda.

Not a huge choice if you want an estate/SUV PHEV for a reasonable price at the moment. Narrowed it down to Kia Sportage or the Peugeot and got a good offer for a well-specced 3008 GT so went for that.  Mine will have the 39 mile range for 12% BIK but the newer ones have 41 miles for 8% BIK.  Not bad for a 300bhp car!

I went into a Skoda dealer recently and he told me Skoda is only making retail cars.  He’s not seen a UK lease iV go through the system since 2021 and that anyone with a lease order is unlikely to see their cars this year, if at all.  I take all car salesman’s “intel” with a pinch of salt but my experience and the info on this thread doesn’t look good.

• Groan 1

6 hours ago, Snoda said:

Not sure what my colleague will go for yet but yesterday we were offered a pre-registered Peugeot 3008 PHEV for immediate delivery.  BIK isn’t as good as the Skoda (mine was standard, not vRS) but it actually exists as opposed to the pipe dream from Skoda.

Not a huge choice if you want an estate/SUV PHEV for a reasonable price at the moment. Narrowed it down to Kia Sportage or the Peugeot and got a good offer for a well-specced 3008 GT so went for that.  Mine will have the 39 mile range for 12% BIK but the newer ones have 41 miles for 8% BIK.  Not bad for a 300bhp car!

I went into a Skoda dealer recently and he told me Skoda is only making retail cars.  He’s not seen a UK lease iV go through the system since 2021 and that anyone with a lease order is unlikely to see their cars this year, if at all.  I take all car salesman’s “intel” with a pinch of salt but my experience and the info on this thread doesn’t look good.

I took delivery of my petrol vRS yesterday. November 2021 it was ordered! The guy who delivered it is also a leasing company in his own right, he's taken to delivering cars as he can't buy enough new vehicles to lease, he said its a 2 year wait for range rovers! 

With regards the iV sales, I spoke to the salesman (who I trust and have had 5 vRS' off) and his intel was that Skoda dealers have been told to stop taking iV orders as they can't be fulfilled at the moment. Now, this intel was back in November when I had the MOT done on my last vRS so I don't know how vaild it is.

But, there was an article in the press a week or so ago saying that of the VAG manufacturers, Skoda had seen a marked decrease in deliveries over the last year, only SEAT (not including Cupra) were worse.

I'm guessing that Audi/VW are getting the pick of components at the expense of the 'budget' brands! This happened a number of years ago with engines, before the diesel scandal.

• Like 1

Just picked mine up! Bit of a disappointment not getting a delivery on the new plate, but Skoda customer services pretty much said no chance mate when I escalated my complaint so it is what it is. Superb car on first impressions really enjoyed the 55mile or so trip back from the dealer got to know it a bit and with dcc is no less comfortable than my old 1.5tsi. Good luck to everyone still waiting the dealer said Octavia are a nightmare loads of alternative models with much shorter lead times but just sucks what’s going on right now. I was told my order (march 28 2022) was a cancellation car that was originally placed august 2021 not convinced that’s entirely true but hang in there people. Pics to follow when I can. 

• Like 2