Coolant / Oil Mayo issue

mothyw1998

Hi guys

So having a bit of trouble with my PD130 (BLT).

Bought the car recently on 104K miles after being told the headgasket had recently been replaced, along with a skim and PD150 bolts.

Drove home for 2 hours, no issues at all (the temp gauge would sit just below 90, around 80 maybe). Then just as I'm getting near home, the temp starts going way up and I lose
heating in the car, and the temp goes anywhere between 90 and the end of the gauge and back up and down.

I get home, and firstly check the coolant tank, which is bone dry (checked before buying, was fine) and then look at both the oil cap and dipstick, both have white mayo on.
Not a lot of mayo, but a good amount. 

My first thought is certainly headgasket, but I'm not massively sure how if it's just been done? So it goes into the garage, and they notice rad fans werent kicking in
so replace thermostat, coolant temp sensor and fan module, fans begin to kick in, but the temp still does sit just under 90.

I take it out for a decent length drive and again loses coolant and mayo starts to appear again.

I take the valve cover off and there's loads of white mayo on the inside but also loads of clear water runs out of it too?

So again, I take it out after clearing all that out and all seems to be fine, mayo doesnt appear on the cap, infact it actually removes itself, but still shows on the 
dipstick slightly, then after around an hour the coolant just dumps itself and the mayo comes back.

Is there anything else I should check before it being 100% headgasket/cracked head?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...