Glowplug light flashing

My 2013 Fabia 1.2 Greenline has a flashing glowplug light when driving,  There are no fault codes logged and it does not go into limp mode when driving,  Can any one shed light on what the problem may be?

no fault code logged on what ?

if the light is on there IS a code, just needs to be read by a capable diagnostic tool. There is a fault in the engine "control" somewhere.

Edited by UrbanPanzer

My 1.6 tdi had once (6,7 years ago), the glow plug flashing while driving on A road.

Driving about 20 mins after that, stopped at a service station, engine off,  started the engine again, the flash thing disappeared, and never went back.

Might be different case from yours.

Unfortunately, it could be a number of things so elimination is key, here. Might be a blocked DPF, a duff EGR valve, I even remember a fault when the brake light switch went, caused a funny light which seemed to have no bearing on the issue! Check the brake lights are coming on just to be sure. It may well have been a totally different light but something happened when the switch or a few bulbs went and not just the bulb warning fault!

Oh, get the battery fully charged too and be sure it is good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same flashing glow plug light and the codes i get are p0407 and p0046  and ive changed the exhaust pressure switch on the bulkhead but i still get the flashing Glowplug light ,  any help would be great thanks 

2 hours ago, McStitches72 said:

i have the same flashing glow plug light and the codes i get are p0407 and p0046  and ive changed the exhaust pressure switch on the bulkhead but i still get the flashing Glowplug light ,  any help would be great thanks 

P0407 refers to the EGR valve and P0046 to the turbo actuator, neither are related to DPF sensor you've already changed.

• 4 weeks later...

Last time [or the only time] I've ever got a flashing glow–plug light has been when one of my rear brake lights has been faulty.

I know the above is for me at least 100% true because exactly the same used to happen with my Bora. On replacement of the faulty brake light bulb, flashing glow–plug light was rectifed.