Daylight driving lights

There may well be a way to achieve that, but I believe it would be illegal. The lights are required to come on with the ignition in the EU. I don't believe, even with Brexit, that the law will change here. Motorcycle headlights have been required to come on with the ignition for many years. It's a safety feature.

Only stealth fighters over enemy territory are allowed to operate without running lights. :D

• Haha 1

ObdEleven will do what you require, and add the ability to turn them on and off from the settings menu on the console screen. But as above, I’m not sure why you’d want to. I’ve mine adjusted to Scandinavian lights to make sure my lights are on at the back all the time as well. 

• Like 1

Actually, they are required to work in cars later than yours, during MOT, but you should be OK with 'off' ones, from a quick glance at the manual here:

You only need to inspect daytime running lamps (DRLs) if they’re fitted as original equipment to vehicles first used on or after 1 March 2018.

I do not understand why people have problem with DLRs. It improves safety. You cant see it from the car anyway. 
I wish it was a law and also the scandinavian lights too. So many poeple dont have lights on even in rain, early mornings/evenings. 

I my 2016 Fabia I can turn them off via the infotainment system.

So on car's post April 2018 you might find you cannot turn them off.

6 minutes ago, Luei said:

I do not understand why people have problem with DLRs

It's legislation to help the dumb. Some people don't know how and when to have lights on / or off.

Had a customer in last week that didn't know how to turn their side / parking lights on. :o

Thanks, AG Falco

Why would you want to turn them off?
They are a safety feature that allows you to be seen more clearly.

by turning them off, you are not being safe. Next yiu won’t want the seatbelt!

There is an option via the infotainment on my 2018 Octavia vRS to turn DRL on/off, it's even mentioned in the owners manual...

At a guess, try setting 'Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich' to 'active' in the BCM :)

I tend to turn them off if I'm doing some involved coding etc to save battery life. Also useful at a drive-in cinema to keep the car unlit if you need to start it :D

11 minutes ago, langers2k said:

There is an option via the infotainment on my 2018 Octavia vRS to turn DRL on/off, it's even mentioned in the owners manual...

At a guess, try setting 'Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich' to 'active' in the BCM :)

I tend to turn them off if I'm doing some involved coding etc to save battery life. Also useful at a drive-in cinema to keep the car unlit if you need to start it :D

I’ve mine set to turn off if the handbrake is applied. Helps in those conditions you’ve mentioned without messing with menu’s.