Mk IV ride quality far worse than my MkIII - Is this normal or do I have a fault?

I picked up a new A4 a few years back. 
On the drive home there was a horrible banging noise coming from the back when going over bumps etc. 
Turned round and went back to Audi, they had left the transportation blocks on the rear. 

41 minutes ago, ReddogVRSIV said:

I picked up a new A4 a few years back. 
On the drive home there was a horrible banging noise coming from the back when going over bumps etc. 
Turned round and went back to Audi, they had left the transportation blocks on the rear. 

My only question is how much other stuff in the PDI did they also miss.

Clearly either PDI wasn’t completed, or someone falsified the sign off that it was completed.  I would have made them do whole PDI again in case they had skipped other things.

• Like 1

The problem I've got is it's a lease car and I don't know which dealer supplied it.

Even if I did I know they are not local to me.

Now I've got to get a local dealer franchise to carry out work that's another dealer franchise has been paid to do but hasn't.

Right now I'm paying for a car I can't drive and I'm not sure how long it's going to be before I can get a local dealer maintenance slot. Looks like I'll be having to use the train tomorrow.

Edited by Bouncypete

Bouncypete, I drove mine with three blocks on each side for a thousand miles so should be fine for a week or so. I'm assuming you don't have a Jack, but can't you just roll up to any garage, borrow a Jack and whip them out?

24 minutes ago, Bouncypete said:

The problem I've got is it's a lease car and I don't know which dealer supplied it.

Even if I did I know they are not local to me.

Now I've got to get a local dealer franchise to carry out work that's another dealer franchise has been paid to do but hasn't.

Right now I'm paying for a car I can't drive and I'm not sure how long it's going to be before I can get a local dealer maintenance slot. Looks like I'll be having to use the train tomorrow.

Phone Skoda assist 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

^^^^this.  Call Skoda Assist.  Let an AA responder come out and remove the transport blocks and let Skoda UK be aware of an authorised dealership that really needs an inspection by Skoda UK management.

Great idea guys. Thanks.

• Like 1