Wireless Charger

Nice!

For those without an Ikea nearby, I got one of these from Amazon along with a short USB-C to Micro USB cable - works a treat with my iPhoneXR. Very handy as CarPlay for both navigation (Apple Maps or Waze) and Spotify simultaneously seems to hammer the phone battery on a long run.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sneal said:

Nice!

For those without an Ikea nearby, I got one of these from Amazon along with a short USB-C to Micro USB cable - works a treat with my iPhoneXR. Very handy as CarPlay for both navigation (Apple Maps or Waze) and Spotify simultaneously seems to hammer the phone battery on a long run.

Same charger as @snealbut with a cheaper cable from eBay :)

• Like 1

Buy a Brodit Clip, mount a ball connector (aka Sat Nav mount) on it, then buy something like the Baseus wireless charger from Aliexpress about £25.

Buy a USB C cable and thread it under the floor mat and under the door seal up to the mount done.

The Baseus mount will charge at 5,10 or 15w.

Screenshot_20210519-230325_AliExpress.jpg

On 15/05/2021 at 17:11, ReddogVRSIV said:

My car didn’t come with wireless charging so just tried an IKEA wireless charging plate. It fits perfectly, just needs a very short usb-c to usb-c lead to tidy it up. E77DD276-E961-4D26-B4D6-D822E24A9FF8.thumb.jpeg.dff214ce19c9f785cd9e513bf83c42e6.jpeg

I also got an external wireless charger, not from Ikea, but from Amazon. The things is that the phone gets quite hot during charging and using Android Auto. How's the temperature of your phone - is it getting hot?

8 hours ago, Tishout said:

How's the temperature of your phone - is it getting hot?

My iPhone gets quite warm whilst charging and using CarPlay - but no more so that wireless charging at home. I think it may be a function of wireless charging as if I use a cable it gets less warm.

• Like 1