My Fight is over

After 9 month of living hell the dealer is taking the car back. 
Had all fault included faulty lane- and brake assistant that almost crashed the car several  times. This is my Skoda number 5, never had any major issues before.

My car got all updates, but things just got more and more horrible.

Wish all of you luck, you will need it.

45593466-CD13-4DED-AB59-D627FBB79B35.jpeg

• Like 2

I have zero issues with mine but my is LHD with 1803 sotware version. Lane assist and traffic assist work great expecially with combination of DSG and navigation. I disabled steering wheel vibration in the Lane assist configuration because it scared my wife but everything else is great.

1 hour ago, omadon said:

I have zero issues with mine but my is LHD with 1803 sotware version. Lane assist and traffic assist work great expecially with combination of DSG and navigation. I disabled steering wheel vibration in the Lane assist configuration because it scared my wife but everything else is great.

Really encouraged to hear that your car is trouble free - gives me hope that mine will be fixed some day soon. Equally I can see that it could be frustrating - some cars are OK and others are not. Clearly @janmand had a car that was not and I'm sorry that you reached the point to return your car. Hope you find a good alternative.

Rather than repeat myself, I'll update the thread  'The good, the (not so) bad and definitely not ugly Octavia iV Estate'. So sorry to read about your problems Janmand and hope that you find a better vehicle.

Edited by Jim2015

1803  has been in my Op been fine for the 2 weeks I've had the software. Issues still exist like sat nav not saving home position or clima forgetting my last choices. On the whole not so bad and hope for better. No more black screen with circle of death. 

DO i trust the car ,, absolutely not , im waiting for a fail and if that happens then its goodbye.

I made a complaint to Skoda UK and asked for a goodwill first free service for sticking with the car. They will after contacting my dealer call me back on Monday coming. I bet they try to negotiate down. 

Sorry to hear!

I got mine delivered about a month ago and with about 2000km on the odo, Ive gotten two errors total and these sorted themselves by turning the car off/on once.

So far im very pleased with mine. 

8 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

1803  has been in my Op been fine for the 2 weeks I've had the software. Issues still exist like sat nav not saving home position or clima forgetting my last choices. On the whole not so bad and hope for better. No more black screen with circle of death. 

DO i trust the car ,, absolutely not , im waiting for a fail and if that happens then its goodbye.

I had a same problem with satnav favorites and other car setting but I was driving the car using demo user. As soon as I created new user and make him primary user using both car keys after that everything worked perfectly. Under user you can chek when tha last time user setting were synchronized with cloud. If this synchronization is not working that could be the reason of lost settings (and driving with different keys).

I rejected my car after a traumatic month. During that time it felt like it was in the dealers longer than it was on my drive. It wasn't a patch on the Mk3 it replaced.

Life is just too short to keep waiting to reboot a car that's stuck on 'loading driver profile'.

I’ve joined the club too. Mine had multiple Infotainment, Lane Assist, AirCon problems.

Yesterday was Hand back day and I almost didn’t make it. I dropped my girl off a preschool. The car got us there without any problem. Locked it, walked her in and went back to the car. Unlocked fine via Kessy. Tried to start it, message telling me the key was not found. Several attempts of locking and unlocking made no difference. I needed to walk away from the car before it worked. 

In contrast, the Superb that replaced it just works. 

My impressions from the very short time of owning it. Lots of promise poorly executed.  I will say, if I was told at point of sale that I’d be a beta tester, I would of worked with Skoda but they are never going to tell potential purchases that. 

Mine has just appeared on the dealers website, I do feel sorry for the person who buys it. 

On 19/06/2021 at 09:54, awahwah said:

I’ve joined the club too. Mine had multiple Infotainment, Lane Assist, AirCon problems.

Yesterday was Hand back day and I almost didn’t make it. I dropped my girl off a preschool. The car got us there without any problem. Locked it, walked her in and went back to the car. Unlocked fine via Kessy. Tried to start it, message telling me the key was not found. Several attempts of locking and unlocking made no difference. I needed to walk away from the car before it worked. 

In contrast, the Superb that replaced it just works. 

My impressions from the very short time of owning it. Lots of promise poorly executed.  I will say, if I was told at point of sale that I’d be a beta tester, I would of worked with Skoda but they are never going to tell potential purchases that. 

Mine has just appeared on the dealers website, I do feel sorry for the person who buys it. 

Chances are that they will download and install new software and firmware updates to correct all of the issues you've had prior to sale to the next victim  owner.

2 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Chances are that they will download and install new software and firmware updates to correct all of the issues you've had prior to sale to the next victim  owner.

I wonder why they didn’t do that for me…either way, I don’t care anymore:)

Well you're not alone with this and I'm still having trouble with my Mk3 and I can't wait to get rid of it now, but having seen all of the issues and problems that Mk4 owners are having I'm afraid that I'm not considering having another Skoda at the moment unless there's a major step change in the reliability and satisfaction of owners on here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

3 minutes ago, awahwah said:

I wonder why they didn’t do that for me…either way, I don’t care anymore:)

Given that some members are still driving loan cars whilst Skoda try to develop/write/test software fixes it appears they don't actually have software/firmware updates available yet.

30 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

So much for owners being told or is that palmed off with information saying that a new batch of software is due imminently. 

A new batch of software is being promised imminently, but what isn't being promised is that it will fix all, or even any, of the problems that are being experienced.

52 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

A new batch of software is being promised imminently, but what isn't being promised is that it will fix all, or even any, of the problems that are being experienced.

I guess nobody will promise a fix, but I have been told that it will address the kph and the other issues…

Also, that as of last Tuesday, it is still in track for next week.

Time will tell !

3 hours ago, sneal said:

I guess nobody will promise a fix, but I have been told that it will address the kph and the other issues…

Also, that as of last Tuesday, it is still in track for next week.

Time will tell !

Waiting with interest, hopefully it will have been properly tested this time :thinking:

• Like 1

It is sad to find the car drives you and not you driving the car. Manufacturers need to know that these safety and driving aids lulls the driver into a false sense of security and possibly dulls the alertness after a few miles being at the wheel. I have never needed them and if offered as options I will ignore them but unfortunately they are being fitted as standard

7 hours ago, edbostan said:

It is sad to find the car drives you and not you driving the car. Manufacturers need to know that these safety and driving aids lulls the driver into a false sense of security and possibly dulls the alertness after a few miles being at the wheel. I have never needed them and if offered as options I will ignore them but unfortunately they are being fitted as standard

Blame the bureaucrats for that - lane keep assistance, speed limiters and so on have all been written into legislation requiring carmakers to include them as standard equipment.

I too share your view about too many LCD (that's lowest common denominator not light crystal diode) drivers depending on these electronic nanny aids to save them when what it really takes is skill and attention when behind the wheel.

23 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I dunno. Mine was back on the forecourt the week after I rejected it. That was 2 months ago so there's zero chance they fixed the bugs. I only hope they sorted out the matrix LEDs because they were dangerous.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2021 at 19:14, TheWanderer said:

Bit big for a smart car?

It’ for a Passat GTE, love my Skoda Trinity wheels. Now getting on car number 3.