Exhaust Inspection Warning Light

Bertha108

2016 Yeti 2.0 Diesel 4x4 63k

Without warning, my exhaust inspection warning light came on yesterday. Amber warning and no loss of power (yet).

RAC have been out and done a diagnostic which has shown an EGR & glow plug fault - I'm waiting for the email with confirmed codes.

I have an all component extended warranty with Skoda - does anyone have experience whether they will repair / replace EGR & glow plugs under the warranty please?

I had that light on, it proved to be no3 glow plug.
I suspect Skoda will say they are consumables.
I replaced all 4 with Bosch OEM glow plugs for just under £10 each.

• Like 1

What warning would you have liked that a warning light was going to appear ( without warning) on your dashboard?

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

I too have all-component extended Skoda warranty (on my 6 year old Yeti);  my reading of the conditions suggest the EGR should be covered,  but I can find no mention of glow plugs,  either in the list of covered items or the list of excluded items.  As has been suggested,  it comes down to what is deemed to be a "consumable" item.  Suggest you have a read of your small-print,  and draw your own conclusions.  (As an example,  clutch components are covered,  except for frictional material,  which I read as release bearing,  slave cylinder etc covered,  friction plate not  (cover plate: anyone's guess!;  likewise brake components are covered,  but not frictional material....which I read as discs covered,  pads not.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zarniwoop said:

brake components are covered,  but not frictional material....which I read as discs covered,  pads not.)

So somehow you generate friction from the brake pads without pressing them against the discs!!?

15 hours ago, KenONeill said:

So somehow you generate friction from the brake pads without pressing them against the discs!!?

Point taken!

15 hours ago, J.R. said:

What warning would you have liked that a warning light was going to appear ( without warning) on your dashboard?

Fair point :blush

• Like 1

The EGR & NOx faults are likely to be expensive fixes.

I would get it booked in with Skoda ASAP, hopefully for a free fix under your extended warranty.

1 hour ago, PipH said:

The EGR & NOx faults are likely to be expensive fixes.

I would get it booked in with Skoda ASAP, hopefully for a free fix under your extended warranty.

It is booked in now. They can't get me in until 15th though, good job I'm not having to do much travelling. Will see what they have to say once they hook it up!

3 hours ago, Urrell said:

Why no mention of the AdBlue alarms?

Any idea what they mean? I have filled it every time the car informs me it's required.

image.png.ec7a5143a04cd53c49e09fdb47d1cc3c.png

The reductant injection pump isn't giving the correct feedback to what is being requested by the controller, so bringing up the bottom fault code.

Probably because of that, the two codes above that are being generated.

• Like 1

I thought that you had done a typo for "reluctant" but now see its yet another meaningless VCDS term, the gift that keeps on giving :sadsmile:

17 hours ago, Wino said:

Adblu is a reducing agent/reductant, so it's not that mad a term to use.

Thanks for that - I'm learning new words about as frequently as I'm 'temporarily misplacing' old ones. 

Do you know if they do a reductant for human use?

• Like 1
  • Cheeky 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

This is a reminder that Glow Plugs are no longer used just for cold weather starting, but are also used even when the engine is running as part of the (ever more complicated) emissions control system.