Dashcams

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tay27 said:

Sorry to revive an old post, but do you remember/know which fuses you puggybacked off?

I've got a garmin mini 2 and looking to hardwire it into the fusebox to utilise parking mode too

I'm proper OCD when it comes to cables on view but why not just use the USB socket on the side of the rear view mirror base? I used a 25cm cable to reach to the camera so there is no coiled cables to hide and as it's all black the cable isn't even noticeable unless you sit and look at it on purpose.

IMG_3346.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

Edited by WaveyDavey

2 minutes ago, WaveyDavey said:

I'm proper OCD when it comes to cables on view but why not just use the USB socket on the side of the rear view mirror base? I used a 25cm cable to reach to the camera so there is no coiled cables to hide and as it's all black the cable isn't even noticeable unless you sit and look at it on purpose.

IMG_3346.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

Because as far as I've understood, that port is only powered on ignition. So as soon as the ignition is off and car is locked, the camera won't have power for parking mode?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tay27 said:

Because as far as I've understood, that port is only powered on ignition. So as soon as the ignition is off and car is locked, the camera won't have power for parking mode?

Apologies...... I missed that in your post. :thumbup:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tay27 said:

That is correct, and to be fair, going straight to the fuse box looks tidier anyway as the cable goes straight up and under the headliner. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

IMG_3346.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

Hey. Sorry, I am going a bit off topic. What is that spanner button and i Button do? I have a 2023 VRS and I dont have those on my car. 

38 minutes ago, darkmatterink said:

What is that spanner button and i Button do?

Screenshot2024-06-05at15_00_15.thumb.png.8d9c90e3c6b27909ad316e8d90ada3db.png

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
I'm trying to decide whether or not to go with this.

https://fitcamx.com/products/fitcamx-dash-cam-for-skoda-octavia-4-iv-2020-2023?variant=42868199325868

I collect the car (new to me) sometimes WC 17th June so will need to sort it out soon after.

What's all the hype about Park Mode? Edited by RaysWheels
Typo

1 hour ago, RaysWheels said:

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go with this.

https://fitcamx.com/products/fitcamx-dash-cam-for-skoda-octavia-4-iv-2020-2023?variant=42868199325868

I collect the car (new to me) sometimes WC 17th June so will need to sort it out soon after.

What's all the hype about Park Mode?

Just means the camera can still be powered/record whilst the car is unattended. So if a typical motorist hits you in a carpark, and drives off, most camera's will either detect the bump and save a recording of the incident, or be continuously recording. It's usefulness depends on how you use the dashcam I guess, but for me the extra security of catching a numberplate/description if someone damages my car without witnesses, it's worth it.

• Like 1