the truth about electric cars

310golfr

Whilst she is behaving exactly like people I have challenged stealing from me or using my facilities without permission I also think it is staged but she is doing a very good job of the acting.

He never once said "you are stealing my electricity!" which is what any normal persons reaction would be just an oblique reference at the end regarding the cost.

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Whilst she is behaving exactly like people I have challenged stealing from me or using my facilities without permission I also think it is staged but she is doing a very good job of the acting.

He never once said "you are stealing my electricity!" which is what any normal persons reaction would be just an oblique reference at the end regarding the cost.

That's what I thought. I'd be screaming to stop stealing my 'leccy. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

I think it is staged, there is a whole series of these videos on the internet and she seems to be in them all. 

I’m not so sure, I’ve seen similar behaviour from someone in a very expensive EV who thought the cost of one charge was so insignificant that they couldn’t understand why the person who had the bill cared.

If you plug into our charger it won’t charge. I’d expect when cars can advertise their ID you could set newer chargers to only charge approved cars.

They must be all set up and ready to film when it happened :rofl:

When my neighbour parked up to use my charge point (with my permission), some times I don't have a clue when it was plugged in. It takes seconds to plug in, much shorter than getting off the sofa.

6 minutes ago, wyx087 said:

They must be all set up and ready to film when it happened :rofl:

When my neighbour parked up to use my charge point (with my permission), some times I don't have a clue when it was plugged in. It takes seconds to plug in, much shorter than getting off the sofa.

I think you'll find it was filmed on something like a Ring doorbell or similar given the wide angle lens and the home owner saying he was not at home...   so no set up etc.

4 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

I think it is staged, there is a whole series of these videos on the internet and she seems to be in them all. 

You obviously watch many more videos on the internet than I do (and some rather odd ones I might add) but seeing as you say 'there is a whole series of these videos on the internet and she seems to be in them all' do you have some more examples of this series and specifically her in them all?

19 minutes ago, skomaz said:

I think you'll find it was filmed on something like a Ring doorbell or similar given the wide angle lens and the home owner saying he was not at home...   so no set up etc.

If that was filmed on a ring doorbell camera, then it has been heavily edited because of the portrait format of the video and also the length of the video. I have one of those doorbell cameras and it films everything in landscape format. That video looks like it was shot on a mobile phone on a tripod and looks like those on TikTok and the man does not sound like he is talking through a mobile phone and then his voice should be coming through the camera's speaker, and they don't sound like that as they are rubbish.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, @Lee said:

You obviously watch many more videos on the internet than I do (and some rather odd ones I might add) but seeing as you say 'there is a whole series of these videos on the internet and she seems to be in them all' do you have some more examples of this series and specifically her in them all?

I have been looking for a example and so far I have drawn a blank, but I have seen one where she hides in an overhead locker on a airliner to allegedly propose to her boyfriend, in another sketch she is being searched by a customs officer, then in another she is playing the part of an angry Karen. If I find them, I'll gladly share them.

8 minutes ago, @Lee said:

So you've got nothing despite your assertions. Great, thanks 🙄

This is what a ring doorbell video looks like. The people speaking through the camera speaker all sound garbled, in the other video it sounds like the man was there, but what ever.

Edited by Graham Butcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Well, yes I do get to watch some odd videos etc on the internet, II have plenty of time to kill seeing as I'm retired and have been for 7 years, its cheap, can't afford to do much on the state pension.

Here is one I found on Facebook of the airline one, see if you think its the same lady or not. Screenprint from Facebook, reveals that it is a produced video by Laura Harwood and Network media productions

https://www.facebook.com/OriginalAuthenticFun/videos/521745659735998/?mibextid=zDhOQc

Credits.jpg

Edited by Graham Butcher

Step away from the internet Graham. 

There's plenty of reruns of Heartbeat on one of the ITV channels. 

That's not the same woman. I doubt even from the same country. That was clearly made as humour given the name of the account that shared it.

No dialogue despite aircraft noise and a woman in an OH locker? Seriously 😳

The flight attendant wore a skirt far shorter than any I've seen on Flight Attendants lately. No aircraft movement at all. 

Get a grip.

Edited by @Lee
  • Haha 1

TV sucks and apart it sucking, SWMBO has to have her soaps, and other craps shows on so TV is really a no no for me these days.

Here's another one of their shows https://www.facebook.com/OriginalAuthenticFun/videos/3584388955113598/?mibextid=zDhOQc  :D

Edited by Graham Butcher

You clearly have the bandwidth to watch multiple videos on YouTube or wherever you watch them whilst your missus is watching soaps so why not use that bandwidth to watch what you want to using many of the free TV apps available?

YouTube can be a right rabbit hole sometimes and IME shows you more of what you want to see/ it wants you to see only confirming your bias.

Seriously, take a step back from it.

That's not a dig btw. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

TV sucks and apart it sucking, SWMBO has to have her soaps, and other craps shows on so TV is really a no no for me these days.

Here's another one of their shows https://www.facebook.com/OriginalAuthenticFun/videos/3584388955113598/?mibextid=zDhOQc  :D

I suppose I'm lucky there; no-one in this house wants to watch Bartenders, 'emeroidale or Horrornation Street. ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, @Lee said:

That's not the same woman. I doubt even from the same country. That was clearly made as humour given the name of the account that shared it.

No dialogue despite aircraft noise and a woman in an OH locker? Seriously 😳

The flight attendant wore a skirt far shorter than any I've seen on Flight Attendants lately. No aircraft movement at all. 

Get a grip.

It could well be the same woman or indeed one of the other women in the production company as sometimes they are blondes, redheads etc and always in some form of disguise. The woman in the charging video you posted, wearing shades on a dull, windy overcast day, talking and looking directly at the camera, when ring type doorbell cameras look like larger bell push-button, really? That car is not even on his driveway either, it was across the footpath.

Just like the plane video, I could also clearly see that was staged in the opening few screens. If that was for real, then how did she manage to board the plane without him ever seeing her in the airport lounge? How did he not even look round when she actually used his seat to stand on when climbing into the locker, etc, it was so obvious that it was stage-managed. There are also simply loads of copycat videos out there, which that charging one could even be, who knows. It does however offer some slight entertainment value.

When people talk about narratives controlled by the government.

If being cynical, same can be said about how oil companies are acquiring new drilling sites and having record profits, all while scientists are jailed for peaceful protest (gluing hand to floor) . 

https://cleantechnica.com/2023/10/25/oil-majors-double-down-on-fossil-fuels-while-climate-scientists-go-to-prison/

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/scientist-rebellion-climate-change-germany-b2208138.html

It's all the same, just depend on which side you subscribe to. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, @Lee said:

So you've got nothing despite your assertions. Great, thanks 🙄

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm puzzled just why we again find ourselves have a bit of a disagreement about this video when you self stated that you had no idea if it was staged or not. That surely means that you had your own doubts about its validity in the first instance, I refer you to your original post below. When I said that I thought it was staged, you started questioning it 🙄.  Are you stirring the pot for a laugh here, that's what it looks like, and not for the first time 😉 either, judging by other posts I've seen in the past

18 hours ago, @Lee said:

No idea if this is staged or not - those things do happen but if it isn't, what an entitled arrogant horror of a person to think she can just steal someone else's electricity and have the audacity to park on some  else's property in order to do so.

I dont think we should rule out that it hadn't been converted to diesel, nitrous oxide and simian semen with the DVLA not being notified.

• Haha 4

Well, it could happen, I mean if people can convert any classic or other ICE car to become an EV, I therefore cannot rule out an EV being converted to being a ICE and laugh as much as you want, I fully expect that someone, somewhere will do it. :D