the truth about electric cars

310golfr

"Handed a bill for £173743 and "still have not seen their luxury car/boat 😄 since it was wheeled away from the side of the road" would indicate they have not paid said bill, the tale told to the media is in the hope that Tesla will fix it for free.

Interesting to see revealed by Rooted that the guy is as equally media savvy as the one who claimed his MG would not stop, has any more come to light about his claims?

Good to read that Tesla will respond on behalf of the business once they have investigated, it confirms my belief that what people are believing they have said is hearsay at present.

If it is fixed then the owner will have authorised the repairs to go ahead in accordance with the quote/estimate, no way would the garage have done work of that magnitude for a contentious customer without authorisation.

And now he is baulking at paying.

Edited by J.R.

26 minutes ago, J.R. said:

"Handed a bill for £173743 and "still have not seen their luxury car/boat 😄 since it was wheeled away from the side of the road" would indicate they have not paid said bill, the tale told to the media is in the hope that Tesla will fix it for free.

Interesting to see revealed by Rooted that the guy is as equally media savvy as the one who claimed his MG would not stop, has any more come to light about his claims?

Good to read that Tesla will respond on behalf of the business once they have investigated, it confirms my belief that what people are believing they have said is hearsay at present.

If it is fixed then the owner will have authorised the repairs to go ahead in accordance with the quote/estimate, no way would the garage have done work of that magnitude for a contentious customer without authorisation.

And now he is baulking at paying.

But its still not confirmed either way. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the owners manual yet (no doubt a non printed one!) I only RTFM when all else has failed but even I know mine gives a maximum depth of water and has a pictogram showing that height in relation to the wheels and body cill.

Here is the link to the UK Tesla Model 3 owners manual online...

Model 3 Owner's Manual (tesla.com)

No mention that I can find in the various subsections regarding "wading depth" or even driving through flooded roads/deep puddles.....nothing in fact!!...Only thing I can find is on how to operate the car in cold weather ...

Cold Weather Best Practices (tesla.com)

Edited by fabdavrav
clarity
  • Thanks 1

Interesting power lines on one of the Autobahns we were on the other week. My initial thought was they were for trolley busses but after a look online it's a test bed for powering electric trucks.

IMG_20230924_155837746_HDR.thumb.jpg.1b43e13ea2a88f60f9cf401efd6a009c.jpg

This wasn't near Frankfurt but there's more here with a video.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-tests-first-ehighway-autobahn/a-48632817

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fabdavrav said:

Here is the link to the UK Tesla Model 3 owners manual online...

Model 3 Owner's Manual (tesla.com)

No mention that I can find in the various subsections regarding "wading depth" or even driving through flooded roads/deep puddles.....nothing in fact!!...Only thing I can find is on how to operate the car in cold weather ...

Cold Weather Best Practices (tesla.com)

Did you really think I would RTFM for the first time? 😂

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Did you really think I would RTFM for the first time? 😂

You did state "I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the owners manual yet"....thats why I provided the link after reading it...

• Like 1

I did know that there were some tests being done, but I never posted about it because I thought that nobody would believe it, as everyone seems to chuck their weight behind Tesla, however they are not the leaders in electric trucks, these people are.

Bing Videos 

Video aborted after 15 seconds of listening to a narcissist rambling about ducks in a pond.

• Groan 1

12 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Video aborted after 15 seconds of listening to a narcissist rambling about ducks in a pond.

Good grief, that was only 17 seconds long in total, and you do have arrow keys on a keyboard to fast-forward :wacko:

Well I am narrow minded like every other person on this forum aside from yourself according to you.

15 seconds is more than enough to tell me about the person making the video, 2 seconds is enough when its an enthusiastic "HI GUYS!" to loud brash accompanying music.

Just like scrolling down to see how long one of your tomes is going to endure.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Whilst he is clearly incapable of currency conversion (1 Brexit UK dollar = 2 Brexit Scotland dollars) he claims to be an expert in water damaged electronics, from 2 minutes 0 seconds he explains that "Everybody lies!"

29,000 Canadian Dollars.      SG22 YAY

not showing as insured on theInsurance data base ,

or showing on the DVLA database.  On a personal plate maybe. 

SG22 YAV   White Tesla.

SG22 YAW  Grey Tesla.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 13.05.54.png

7th October 2023.       Original article 15th Oct said last Saturday.

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Whilst he is clearly incapable of currency conversion (1 Brexit UK dollar = 2 Brexit Scotland dollars) he claims to be an expert in water damaged electronics, from 2 minutes 0 seconds he explains that "Everybody lies!"

He also goes on to fully explain what he means by that and that a car should be more than capable of being driven in the wet and also that they should be designed that they can be repaired.

Edited by Graham Butcher

1 hour ago, Rooted said:

29,000 Canadian Dollars.      SG22 YAY

not showing as insured on theInsurance data base ,

or showing on the DVLA database.  On a personal plate maybe. 

SG22 YAV   White Tesla.

SG22 YAW  Grey Tesla.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 13.05.54.png

7th October 2023.       Original article 15th Oct said last Saturday.

It could be either of those two plates as he may have had the car wrapped. Even it was on a personal plate, it still show up on the DVLA and Insurance systems.

• Confused 1

@Graham ButcherMy personal plates show on the DVLA Data Base & ASK MID.   But on the number on the car now, not the registration that it had at First Registration / leaving the dealers wearing.

No idea if that red Tesla car was photographed this week or last month or before.  ie when it was wearing that registration.

Edited by Rooted

10 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@Graham ButcherMy personal plates show on the DVLA Data Base & ASK MID.   But on the number on the car now, not the registration that it had at First Registration / leaving the dealers wearing.

No idea if that red Tesla car was photographed this week or last month or before.  ie when it was wearing that registration.

Yes, I think it must be one of those other 2 that you listed. Iran that Range Rover at Luton had personal registration number twice in its life, but they were all listed on the DVLA database. Are you supposed to let DVLA know if you change the colour?