Filler cap stuck query

Does anybody know how to open their fuel cap cover when it’s stuck. My friend’s 1.5 TSI 18 ref hatch won’t open. Is there any emergency cord or some way to open it without damaging the paint. 

My car is a 2015 later model, 180 DSG Diesel.  My filler cap stuck.  Neither I or the attending AA man could find any manual emergency way in.  He ended up gently (?) forcing it open.  He first slid the painted cover off.  It slides forwards.  He then just forced it where the actuator connects.  Afterwards I squirted loads of WD40 in the actuator and it functioned well for a month or two although it never actually locked again.  That wasn't a problem.  Then it stuck locked again.  I bought a new actuator from TPS and removed the rubber bit that surrounds the fuel filler pipe.  That was easy.  Fitting the new actuator was easy too.  All working well now. 

choose newer revision when replace

510 810 773 A
-> www.drive2.ru/l/579792548487233855/

8V0 862 153 B
-> www.drive2.ru/l/600025211705759752/

instead my dealer installed old 510 810 773

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/459115-instructions-for-winter-refueling/?do=findComment&comment=5515671

• Thanks 1

The pin gets stuck.

push it in slightly like you would when opening and then repeatedly click lock and open on the remote. It should  pop open if your lucky.

Edited by Legion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Am told water gets in, hence they reject warranty claim. Friend had two wing mirrors fail. Told it was warranty, but charged £450 as water had got in.

Get them to put that in writing since they are professionals, the Area Warranty manager can do that.

All you need is the confirmation it is a Fundamental design, manufacturing or material fault.   That is what warranties are about, crap parts failing. 

6 hours ago, Elegant70 said:

Am told water gets in, hence they reject warranty claim.

Skoda love rejecting water ingress warranty claims, cos naturally, all components such as these that, y’know, get wet are designed (badly) to take in water and fail. 🙄