PR code for my Superb, to get correct brake discs and pads?

I have an October 2019 SE L Superb that I want to fit new Brembo discs and pads to on the back, as the current factory fitted discs are now badly scored. 

When I check online, there are several different sets of pads and discs and I don't know which to buy. The fact that my car doesn't have (as previous Skodas did) a list of codes on a sticker either in the service book, or in the boot makes it all but impossible.

Where can I find these details easily? 

Thanks in advance!

Just now, ApertureS said:

I believe the rears only have 2 variants

272/280 - vented rears

everything else - solid rears

I may be wrong so wait for someone else to clarify.

I want the vented ones, but I need to be sure I am matching the correct discs to the pads. 

33 minutes ago, SuperbSEL said:

I want the vented ones, but I need to be sure I am matching the correct discs to the pads. 

It’s not a case of what you want, they’re not interchangeable, you’d need to replacing carriers also.

you can only replace like for like without changing other parts

Just now, ApertureS said:

It’s not a case of what you want, they’re not interchangeable, you’d need to replacing carriers also.

you can only replace like for like without changing other parts

Ok, that's fair enough, but how do I find which is the correct ones for my car? On Euro Car Parts, there are 4 different sets of Brembo discs listed for my car, all with different PR codes. Then there also 3 different sets of Brembo pads! On previous Skodas, I always had this sticker inside the service booklet that listed the various codes. This car, which was bought virtually new has no sticker anywhere, not in the booklet nor in the boot where the previous ones were in earlier models. To say it's frustrating is a major understatement...

11 minutes ago, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

You could ask a friendly dealership parts counter person for the full 'car data' pdf.

Failing that you could pay for that same info at erWin Skoda (7 euro plus vat).

3 minutes ago, JR RS said:

Skoda erWin will give u every PR code specific to ur car, based on ur VIN.

Meanwhile, PR Codes on the 220:-

- 1KU Disc brakes in rear

- 1ZA Disc brakes in front

Thank you both. I've had a quick look in that erWin site and will check when I have more time. Obviously as mine is only a 150bhp, I can only get the solid rears it seems. That narrows it down a little, to only 3 different types of Brembo discs for the rears!

What I thought was going to be a simple job, of ordering some Brembo discs and pads online, becomes a nightmare! Having paid 7 euros for access to that erWin site for an hour, it then asks me to sign up to a parts site for 20 euros, to get the information I need. What a farce! 

I'll try contacting my local dealer to see if they can help. 

3 minutes ago, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

Can you not go to Vehicle specific information then vehicle identification, then enter VIN to get to 'car data'?  Used to be that way.

Yes, that gets me to Basic data, which indeed shows the correct date it was registered but precious little else. 

3 minutes ago, SuperbSEL said:

Yes, that gets me to Basic data, which indeed shows the correct date it was registered but precious little else. 

Simple really...

1) Contact your local ŠKODA Dealership (Parts Department), provide your VIN and ask for the front and rear Pads & rotors (part numbers), that way you can cross reference against Brembo, ATE or any other brand of your choice.

2) @JR RS has already provided you the PR Codes that you requested (as per the thread), so there is the answer to your question...

3) And I hope this helps you navigate the parts on the Brembo / ATE website's; Front 312mm x 25mm (vented) / Rear 300mm x12mm (solid) this will be your combination of rotor size. Get this info right and yo will find the product and/or variation that you need that is suitable for your fitment. Unless you have a 272/280 which will be Front 340x30mm (vented) / Rear 310x22mm (vented)

Don't over think it...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SuperbSEL said:

Wat!?!?

My Vehicle Specific Information was an 8-page report of every single build component, specific to my car.

Hundreds of lines of PR Codes, literally!!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ope126 said:

Simple really...

1) Contact your local ŠKODA Dealership (Parts Department), provide your VIN and ask for the front and rear Pads & rotors (part numbers), that way you can cross reference against Brembo, ATE or any other brand of your choice.

2) @JR RS has already provided you the PR Codes that you requested (as per the thread), so there is the answer to your question...

3) And I hope this helps you navigate the parts on the Brembo / ATE website's; Front 312mm x 25mm (vented) / Rear 300mm x12mm (solid) this will be your combination of rotor size. Get this info right and yo will find the product and/or variation that you need that is suitable for your fitment. Unless you have a 272/280 which will be Front 340x30mm (vented) / Rear 310x22mm (vented)

Don't over think it...

1KU - finally located it as per the 8 page list of codes. A little bit of a panic though as when you are searching on a time limited basis, it's easy to panic. 

OK, thanks all for your assistance. 

I did what @JR RS has suggested and paid (if I recall correctly) 7 Euro ($A11) for a 1 hour window and downloaded 79 files (1.2Gb) giving me everything I need to know (and more), specific to my car and workshop manuals. Well worth it IMO!

Cheers,

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 7.02.52 pm.png

• Like 1

Ok, I see what you mean.

Go to the Vehicle Specific Information > Go to Disk Brakes in Front = 1LA

Look up Brake Systems and go to Technical data for brake and there is 1LA.

erWin isn't really the place for part numbers, but there's always something ETKA-like free online to get parts info once you have the PR codes.

My favourite just now is this one, which includes very recent stuff: LLLParts

Edited by Pete_Ex-Wino