Mk1 Fabia vRS Driver Stereotype ?

I was sent this by one of my missus friends as a vain attempt to wind me up to a slagging match - I refuse to be drawn into such an exchange. 

Maybe somebody already put this up before 

What should I respond with ?

IMG-20220202-WA0001.jpg

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

Classical music for people who don't like classical music.

Guff.

Never a piece I was ever interested in. One of my friends from school played some of it for her Higher Music exam and having to hear it every flaming time she practiced on the piano did my bloody head in. :D

EDIT - oops, it was actually Minuet in G that she played.

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
Correcting idiocy.
  • Haha 1

Not really into classical music myself either - a good friends father used to sneak out of the house into the mates and my car and reset all the radio presets to Lyric FM !! This put me off it.

Ive decided to ignore that meme sent to me as the girls have found out a juicy bit of gossip and this has no doubt diverted their attention for now.😄

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KenONeill said:

You mean this ?

Going a bit OT but....

When evaluating audio systems, occasionally, I try to find holes or weaknesses by playing certain tracks. America by Simon and Garfunkel is one. There's a deep bass drum around 45hz that's so much deeper than the rest of it. Pachelbel's Canon I've used in the car trying to find missing and booming frequencies. These days it can mostly be done with a decent smartphone or a measurement mic on a smart phone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Classical music for people who don't like classical music.

Guff.

There are certain pieces that get highlighted and stuffed on compilations. Or these days "mixes" on YT. I'll take The Classical Experience volumes 1 through 3 as accessible compilations. Some great performances and pieces on those. Without them I'd be more ignorant of the music and the motivations that lead to them being produced.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vindaloo said:

That's the piece. Though I'm more familiar with this version. Far more dynamic range than a lot of modern stuff. It starts really small and quiet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZfaIn2ZKo

Agreed; as to choice of arrangement, I chose the first version to come up on Google!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vindaloo said:

There are certain pieces that get highlighted and stuffed on compilations. Or these days "mixes" on YT. I'll take The Classical Experience volumes 1 through 3 as accessible compilations. Some great performances and pieces on those. Without them I'd be more ignorant of the music and the motivations that lead to them being produced.

It's liturgical music from the 17th century repurposed as wedding music in the 21st.

Trite guff.

You want dynamic range then you need orchestral, preferably symphonic music.

But then why would you listen to it in the worst possible sonic environment like a moving car.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

It's liturgical music from the 17th century repurposed as wedding music in the 21st.

Trite guff.

You want dynamic range then you need orchestral, preferably symphonic music.

But then why would you listen to it in the worst possible sonic environment like a moving car.

Wagnerian probably. Though the 1812 rises nicely to a finalé.

Agreed about the car. Car interior good for MP3s only, unless you're being chauffeured in a Phaeton or Rolls Royce and have a decent set of headphones on. :) i.e. Not me.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2022 at 16:42, VanhireBoys said:

I was sent this by one of my missus friends as a vain attempt to wind me up to a slagging match - I refuse to be drawn into such an exchange. 

Maybe somebody already put this up before 

What should I respond with ?

IMG-20220202-WA0001.jpg

Saddens me that this does appear to be the *majority of Fabia vRS owners on the old "social medias". 

I pray to god that there will be enough of these cars broken for spares in the coming years and it leaves the better ones to actually gain a following instead of an image problem.

Knowing my luck that following will just about coincide with the social birching that will come from even daring to own a diesel vehicle.

• Like 3

Just now, Lofty said:

Saddens me that this does appear to be the *majority of Fabia vRS owners on the old "social medias". 

I pray to god that there will be enough of these cars broken for spares in the coming years and it leaves the better ones to actually gain a following instead of an image problem.

Knowing my luck that following will just about coincide with the social birching that will come from even daring to own a diesel vehicle.

Plenty being broken now, Never see any rough but running ones come up anymore they all just get broken for parts.

No intentions of getting rid of either of my fabias even with the big push to go EV. I still maintain a used diesels better for the environment than a new electric car.

Very much off topic but wanted to say it.

• Like 1

I'm not sorry to see the demise of the Fabia as the chavs car de jour, the trouble we used to get on here from those closeted manbabies!

It's a shame that modern tackle is getting so anodyne and unreliable, I'm pretty much certain that my next car will be a 'classic' from the 90's before diesels took over and ruined petrol heads fun.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

I'm pretty much certain that my next car will be a 'classic' from the 90's before diesels took over and ruined petrol heads fun.

Better be quick, mind you. Prices are soaring for everything "classic". My late Dad's H-reg Nova went for just over £7,000 in June. :o

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
  • Like 1

Just now, sepulchrave said:

I'm not sorry to see the demise of the Fabia as the chavs car de jour, the trouble we used to get on here from those closeted manbabies!

Here they're not really a "chavs" car, golfs,leons and the likes take over for the felt spec crowd.

Don't really see many vRS' around me though. Lot of people just see them as old skodas not really chavvy spec cars, atleast from what i've seen.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

Here they're not really a "chavs" car, golfs,leons and the likes take over for the felt spec crowd.

Don't really see many vRS' around me though. Lot of people just see them as old skodas not really chavvy spec cars, atleast from what i've seen.

+1 on the Golf being a "chavmobile", same with the Bora in my neck of the woods. I know of one modified vRS and honestly it's not too bad. Seat Ibiza seems to get a hell of a time here too.

Everything else is just standard 1.4 TDIs (a black one down the street), 1.9 TDIs (a beige one up the street) and my wee red 1.2 in the middle. :D

20 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

+1 on the Golf being a "chavmobile", same with the Bora in my neck of the woods. I know of one modified vRS and honestly it's not too bad. Seat Ibiza seems to get a hell of a time here too.

Everything else is just standard 1.4 TDIs (a black one down the street), 1.9 TDIs (a beige one up the street) and my wee red 1.2 in the middle. :D

You should probably see a doctor if your wee is red!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

You should probably see a doctor if your wee is red!

Off topic but I once took a wee sample in to the Doc's for testing when I had kidney stones - the receptionist thought it was a blood sample...

• Like 1