Steering wheel multi function

Hi I have a 2011 Octavia.

It has the standard steering wheel fitted but I would like to add a multi function wheel on so I'm not being distracted using the radio controls to.

I've found a steering wheel that is the same as mine but has the controls.

Would this be a direct fit or would I need to upgrade the clock spring too? 

Thanks for any help. 

Screenshot_20220526-174111.png

Update, I've looked behind the airbag and there is no harness connector for the buttons.

I tried activating MFSW on vcds to see if it would accept it if I got a new loom and installed it, vcds rejected the adaption as it's not set up in the module.

I'm guessing this will be a full retrofit job.

If anyone has any ideas on a retrofit kit that would be great 

PXL_20220527_092429429.jpg

Looking at the wiring diagrams it will need a new clockspring and there should be an electronics unit within the steering wheel to connect between the switches and the clockspring and probably a new steering wheel control unit  

• Thanks 1

Thanks Nige. 

I decided to strip the column down to see exactly what set up it has. Looks like a basic one with no module underneath. 

The clock spring is part number 5K0 953 569 C which I've read isn't for multi function.

I'd only be using the multi function for volume and changing the track, so it might be more hassle than it worth with how much it would cost too. 

Thanks for replying :)

Screenshot_20220527-193033.png

Sorry to be a pain, just looking looking at the steering modules. On ross-tech it's showing that module 5K0953569B supports cruise control, board computer and mfsw I'm guessing that fitting this unit plus coding along with a new wire loom for the airbag and steering wheel buttons should complete it, or would there be extra wires to connect for the mfsw 

Edited by Franky89

• 7 months later...

Hi, have you some progress on your job ? I try to do same in my Octavia MK2. I've the same C version of calculator and i wait to buy a new calculator, do you have try this solution ?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...