Amundsen Mib2 Map Updates 2023/2024

9 minutes ago, smic717394 said:

Hi guys,

Is the link app connect from vw not working anymore, is there any way to download the maps from vw?

https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/en/car

You have to set up an account if you want to take them from there. You don't need to fill too much in.... saying that Martini has posted up the latest links for June 2023 but the mod of this side of the board hasn't pinned it up yet. John as I recall. This one needs unpinning and the other one pinned up. I'll edit that one in here.

This one:

Note for the mod Amundsend and Columbus ones need the previous ones unpinned and the April - June ones pinned up for this year. The June ones came out in April. If they are we say... you got the old ones.

Edited by Tell
link

6 minutes ago, Tell said:

You have to set up an account if you want to take them from there. You don't need to fill too much in.... saying that Martini has posted up the latest links for June 2023 but the mod of this side of the board hasn't pinned it up yet. John as I recall. This one needs unpinning and the other one pinned up. I'll edit that one in here.

This one:

Note for the mod Amundsend and Columbus ones need the previous ones unpinned and the April - June ones pinned up for this year. The June ones came out in April. If they are we say... you got the old ones.

Thank you. It was just curiosity , last time I upgrade the maps from the vw link didn't ask for registration. I seen the from the discovercare app can still update, still allot slower than just download the link from you guys. Thank you,

5 minutes ago, smic717394 said:

Thank you. It was just curiosity , last time I upgrade the maps from the vw link didn't ask for registration. I seen the from the discovercare app can still update, still allot slower than just download the link from you guys. Thank you,

Probably want to send you marketing stuff. I thought the discover care app had been discontinued a few years back so I'd be careful with that. It's release 2110 is what you are looking for when installed, if it's a different number it's not the latest. That app got junked when everything else did on user POI import. It was always the last to be updated after the main map release.

Edited by Tell

• 1 month later...

Hmm, Venturing into the map update.

(RNS315 Amundsen+ retrofitted into my 2014 Fabia)

1, how do I determine my current Map version to see if I even need to consider an upgrade ?

2, is the Amundsen MIB2 map I see compatible with my nav unit ?

Again, any assistance welcomed

Edited by Crucian

Well if you take a copy of your map card and try the new file you won't have lost anything. What you replace it with unzipped should look like what's on it now on the file structure, if not, it's not compatible.

Pass on what an RNS315 is exactly.

• Like 1

Mib2 maps won't work on an rns315.

You need a one time map update SD card. It'll update the maps in the internal storage and then wipe itself.

The latest release is v12 from around 2020. That's the final release for the rns315 so as new as you'll get I'm afraid.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, quick question (hopefully :D ) Trying to set up latest map for my uncle car VW, but he is having 16gb card and these maps can't fit on it anymore, last time i had to delete some files and could manage to fit it, but this is no longer case with this update.

So, my question now is, can i buy some regular SD card and set up maps, or it have to be "original" one, and if it needs to be original, can i buy let's say this one from Skoda -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185167958637?hash=item2b1cded26d:g:sPUAAOSw7wphk74K&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4JsRMqtipsEf5gFvOlzxrDlc9%2FIZ95qmwzqah8RaWtEtd3ADiCuKggq6EwN%2B9IuJ1TqmkFzFIsC5X%2FtKd%2BTSMc0y200Ca7So06Vp7Zdsnmyjxq1Gl2dGsy0AO8jVi7q70CUyVOlbytq5b0ynJJvt6x8%2Bp3j3tTxtvVvX2z1i3nOTO8gM1ZsAEQBtPZOc2m3QG63PAdyQQLUPwELpXauo5ZmCnCfy61Tn8nWWw%2BBME7Yr62lSK7zSRsuxntrBPztwyIxBbQmAJDnegC%2B3bW0JXjTKUh8XKeZv5p%2BH9sokmEuN|tkp%3ABk9SR8z6_-vhYg

or i must find VW one since his car is VW? Thanks for help!

Not sure which folder? Just downloaded latest maps, 2024, can't find any instructions there. And i think i tried with regular SD card few years back and i did not work, so not sure was i doing something wrong (most likely :D ) or i just needed original card? If yes, just wondering will Skoda card work inside of VW, if yes i'll just buy him that card i linked in previous post and copy maps  on it when i receive the card.

First the pinning of MartiniB thread by the mod has gone a bit side wise for the last year so the June 2023 files are on this thread

If you aren't driving across the breath of Europe use the second file down. If you need all of Europe buy a 32gb Skoda or Seat or VW card, makes no difference they all have a VAG CID on them that the unit will read and say, yes this is a valid map card. You can't use any old SD card.

If you buy a new card, just take a copy of it. Then do a delete not a reformat. With the zip file, unzip the contents and drag across to the SD card. Job done.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

Any sign of the MIB2 Amundsen 2024 map update yet?

Usually it appears around November.

Yes they have put out the old VW one from six months ago so it's a waste of time if you like to be up front. A few years ago Skoda lost six moths in a hiatus of a technical issues. Think VW just didn't publish but Skoda went onto the six month lags.

It's this

https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD2_2110_EU_A1_202345.zip

which is "old" in our terms but new for Skoda 😁.

I got it from here... always interesting to read the German posts... a little green on knowledge. They have hissy fits etc translated to English.

https://www.skodacommunity.de/threads/navikarten-update-q1-2022-release-2023-fuer-mib1-mib2.103181/page-192

Edited by Tell

9 minutes ago, Tell said:

Yes they have put out the old VW one from six months ago so it's a waste of time if you like to be up front. A few years ago Skoda lost six moths in a hiatus of a technical issues. Think VW just didn't publish but Skoda went onto the six month lags.

It's this

https://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD2_2110_EU_A1_202345.zip

which is "old" in our terms but new for Skoda 😁.

I'm already using 2110 which I guess should really be described as the 2023/2024 update?

Hope VW or Skoda sort themselves out and post the 'real' 2024 update sometime soon.

1 minute ago, PetrolDave said:

I'm already using 2110 which I guess should really be described as the 2023/2024 update?

Hope VW or Skoda sort themselves out and post the 'real' 2024 update sometime soon.

They will call it something else. The same time they lost that six months, they also changed the naming convention. Cue MartiniB. Traditionally, the high version in November was named for the following year. 2024 now. The last June release was the year and next year 23/24 etc. When VAG lost that year on the standard release, when they came back with something that worked, they changed the standard naming convention.   I just call the June and November now and VW is best for the source least for the standard maps since they are six months ahead of Skodas.

• ColinD unpinned this topic