Erwin problems.

peter51

Yesterday I bought access to Erwin. I was registered by the administrator and given access.

I could not access any maintenance manuals - the massage banner was “ you dont have the required authorisation”

All I could do was carry out a VIN check and even then Erwin came up with an incorrect engine model. Erwin said my engine was a CJZC when the correct engine is a CJZE version. SKODA VIN MBKM6NJ3HZ129097 ENGINE CJZE80522.

I have asked Erwin for tech help - they only refunded my money and said try again to login. 

Is Erwin the best resource for maintenance or is there a better resource. I note the manuals in https://cardiagn.com/skoda-fabia-mk3-1-2-66-81-kw-tsi-engine-cjzc-cjzd/?

I need accurate electrical diagrams to attach my oscilloscope to the ECM for a cam/ crank waveform grab, prior to a timing belt change. I also need details on the part numbers for the timing pin kits in order to change the Cam belt on a CJZE Fabia 1.2 TSi. There should be cam and crank locking pins I assume.

Any help from the tech gurus would be appreciated.  If I go ahead with the timing belt change I will post the process here. I have done several Japanese cars but never a Skoda.

TMBKM6NJ3HZ------, FABIA COM AMB TS66/1.2 M5F, 2017, NJ53J4, CJZC, PED, erwin

You may have to contact the importer, as erWin are convinced you have that engine, so information will be off.

Have you actually checked the engine code that is stamped on the engine itself?

Edited by varooom

Thanks varoom - I see you up up late in the UK - thanks for your time.

yes that is the engine number stamped on the engine - it is the last of the 1.2 TSI sold in australia prior to the 3 cylinder jobs.

The E in the CJZE could be an Australian modded engine but I would expect erwin to be correct.

Importers here are useless.

We do have a head mechanic at the local Skoda dealer from the UK - cant get to him past the service manager.

Local skoda forum is poor compared to brisskoda - so no info there yet.

Have you any ECM pinouts for the CJZD - I need the cam and crank input pins.

Have you any info in the timing pin kits.

Thanks again.

Engine number attached - registration papers reflect that number CJZE80522.

Owners manual front cover reflects CJZC.

Probably the maintenance manual and circuit diagram for the CJZC will do.

AD38BD6C-CD7F-4A41-BED1-5C45723A0891.jpeg

Yes - frustrating - but its too early for a beer over here - 0930 am - so cant give up yet. Ill try Erwin again.

I would appreciate the diagram and any info you have on a timing locking pin kit I could order.

Thanks again.

Could I also ask if you are using a diagnostic tool. I have MAXIECU which is a polish crowd.

The marketing info said it could retrieve freeze frame data and mode 6 temp faults.

They were wrong.

What are you using - Ill also go to the diagnostic pages on this forum and make a post.

6 minutes ago, peter51 said:

Yes - frustrating - but its too early for a beer over here - 0930 am - so cant give up yet. Ill try Erwin again.

I would appreciate the diagram and any info you have on a timing locking pin kit I could order.

Thanks again.

D4B802D18D3-1_2_63__66__77__81_kW_TSI_engine.pdf

This is the file you are going to want to try and find for timing information, hopefully erwin behaves 🤐

2 minutes ago, peter51 said:

Could I also ask if you are using a diagnostic tool. I have MAXIECU which is a polish crowd.

The marketing info said it could retrieve freeze frame data and mode 6 temp faults.

They were wrong.

What are you using - Ill also go to the diagnostic pages on this forum and make a post.

I mainly use VCDS, but I also have ODIS (main dealer tool)

I don't do too many car repairs, my own car and helping out others when they need help.

Hopefully some people who repair these engines will be able to assist with any further questions, best of luck.

• 1 month later...

Well I have still not been able to access any repair manuals from Erwin.

Eventually ERWIN support worked out that because I registered as a private individual I cant have access to the repair manuals - I must register as a company.

Has anyone else had this problem? I tried to re register as a company but it rejects me.

I need the CJZE pinouts on the ECU to grab an oscilloscope image of crank versus cam synch signal and I need the schematic of the front passenger - to be removed and replaced - if anyone can help with those items Id be gratefull.

This the email I received from Erwin support.

Dear User,

I see in erWin registration, that you are registered as a private person.

the Digital Service Plan application is primarily created for electronic maintenance records by either authorized services (via the ElsaPro system) or unauthorized services (via the erWin system).

You are in system erWin registered as a private person. That is why this application in erWin behaves in such a way that you do not see it as a private person, but as a company you do.

Only a company and not a private person can make the service record and see service history!

If the customer wants to have an overview of the entire service history, he must visit any authorized service partner, who can print the entire maintenance history of his car on request.

No I cannot get the service manuals - I get this message continually.

Erwin have confirmed the reason being I registered as an individual.

They say you must register as a company to get the service manuals.

1B6AEF40-3C00-42E7-B3C5-FC8ABDCDE2D9.png

• Crying 1

OK maybe Ill try a VPN - maybe in the UK.

Car companies in Australia love to protect their monopoly - we really dont have any anti monopoly laws here as the pollies are in their pocket.

• Like 1

Out of interest, why do you want waveforms prior to doing a timing belt change? Im gonna assume so you can check the timing is spot on afterwards?

Regarding your engine, it is of the EA211 family very similar to the 1.0 and 1.4 tsi engine.

For the timing tool you will want https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354301692890 and the manual for changing the belt can be found online often as the EA211 is a very common engine.

Hope this helps

Always best to grab an image of cam versus crank  before a belt change. Doesnt take long and confirms exact synch after work is done.

How do you know that the apprentice didnt get the job on your car?

I am getting the belt change at the local dealer and I dont trust them. The only way to catch dealers out is have proof otherwise they just deny deny and deny.

Secondly, a factory waveform as such can be uploaded to public sites to help others with diagnosing engine issues at a later date - known good crank/cam synch waveforms are very important as the car ages.

• Like 1

ApertureS - Thanks for the link on the tools. Pretty cheap tool - although he doesnt post to Australia - but my car is still under extended warranty so I have to get the dealer to do the work this time. 

• 2 months later...

In case anyone is still interested - the CAM/ Crank relationship for the CJZC series is shown in this capture I took from my car using a TiePie oscilloscope. Might help someone diagnose cam and crank signals in the future. Signal is sampled from backprobing the 60 pin connector on the PCM J623. Thanks to Varoom for the info.

BTW Erwin got back to me and confirmed that Australian individuals are locked out of Erwin by the direction of Skoda Australia - I have lodged a complaint with the appropriate anti monopoly authorities - not holding my breath.

639172B2-04C8-4BB5-A4EE-5D08D66137A6.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, peter51 said:

BTW Erwin got back to me and confirmed that Australian individuals are locked out of Erwin by the direction of Skoda Australia

Could this be worked around by using a VPN?

Tried that with my individual login details - still doesn’t work. I’ll have to deregister, create a new email, and login as a company with a fake address etc.