Rear shunt: Underpanel or bumper?

Coume

Evening,

Just had a little shunt in France. She bumped me fairly gently so limited damages as far as I can see.

The bumper seems in good visible nick but unsure if there could be further damages. The below panel popped out and won't clip back in as a couple of lugs are broken and it feels slightly twisted.

To replace the under panel, does the bumper needs taking out? Or is it simply a matter of unclipping the old one and pushing back in the new one?

Wondering whether to get the insurance involved as she is young and will get hammered especially If it's only a quick panel swap... If the bumper needs replacing then that's a different kettle of fish but impossible to find out rapidly.

What do you reckon?

Cheers

702C29D7-15C9-4FED-8376-A3C02EECC80C.jpeg

45C92FE0-B6F9-4CDD-A3A1-64E5D02FC9C1.jpeg

EC8046CF-E3DD-4F63-BDBB-83662DF79248.jpeg

Edited by Coume
Added a couple of pics

I have a spare rear diffuser as I believe it’s called after having had a Towbar fitted, as the Towbar needs a special cut out one. Estate version. I’m in Poole so not far from you. Someone else here might know how they fit, I wasn’t watching the process I’m afraid

On 23/12/2022 at 19:48, Coume said:

Evening,

Just had a little shunt in France. She bumped me fairly gently so limited damages as far as I can see.

Looks like 1.5-2k E damage.

New bumper for sure, paint, maybe sensors. This is just outside.

99% you will find damage under the bumper as all the pressed out lines usually come from the reinforcing parts underneath.