Rear Lamp light questions.

Guys,

This is pretty stupid question but please don't get mad at me. I've just noticed that on rear lamp i got only one set of single bracket lights on all the time. is it not meant to be double bracket light like the other picture i shared here. I keep on seeing double in some cars. I just forgot how was mine at the beginning.

IMG20221226184457.jpg

IMG20221226184450.jpg

Light.jpg

langers2k, I think it's normal, yes, but I haven't figured out if this double/single bracket light is programmable and has same physical light enlcosure or not.

I have in my 2015 MY those double bracket lights. But I have seen on facelift models even third variant of light.

Buy Skoda Octavia Car LED Tail Light Accessories Online Store ...

That's right. I have seen this third variant light as well. My variant is the top of the rank SE L/ Elegance  which has intelligent headlight..not any other model including superb has this option by default. So, I don't think rear double bracket tail light depends on the variant. Probably i had it already and somehow i disabled it with obd11. Mine 1.4TSI DSG ..2017 model..can someone with same car tell us if your tail lights are as same as mine?

Edited by automass

19 hours ago, automass said:

Is that not the difference between saloon and estate? 

6 hours ago, automass said:

umm, that's something probably I need to look in to. Nice point. Thanks.

I may be talking out of my rear end, though Im pretty sure my estate has both lines lit.

The other option is that only one is lit as a 'tail light' and double light up upon pressing the brake.

There were two types of pre facelift light and two types of facelift light. 

Pre Facelift:

- filament bulb, single ‘C’ style light. Low functionality. 
- LED, double ‘C’ style light. High functionality. 

Facelift:

- LED, single ‘C’ style light. Low functionality. 
- LED, single thick ‘C’. High functionality. 

Both high functionality light types were standard on vRS and L&K models and an optional extra on other models (although they were possibly standard on SE Tech models too). 

There is no differentiation between hatch and estate models.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, automass said:

My variant is the top of the rank SE L/ Elegance  which has intelligent headlight..not any other model including superb has this option by default. 

What exactly do you mean by intelligent headlight? What kind of functionality does it provide?

31 minutes ago, Vahids said:

What exactly do you mean by intelligent headlight? What kind of functionality does it provide?

Intelligent headlight or high beam assist is automatic high beam. So, it comes on automatically if needed and speed threshold (40km/m p/h) is met. Only SE L or previously known as Elegance  variant has this option. it comes very handy when you are driving in motorway in peach dark night.

37 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

There were two types of pre facelift light and two types of facelift light. 

Pre Facelift:

- filament bulb, single ‘C’ style light. Low functionality. 
- LED, double ‘C’ style light. High functionality. 

Facelift:

- LED, single ‘C’ style light. Low functionality. 
- LED, single thick ‘C’. High functionality. 

Both high functionality light types were standard on vRS and L&K models and an optional extra on other models (although they were possibly standard on SE Tech models too). 

There is no differentiation between hatch and estate models.  

is it possible to replace my tail lamp with the double C (Bracket) types of tail lamp?

Just now, automass said:

is it possible to replace my tail lamp with the double C (Bracket) types of tail lamp?

Yes but it’s not a simple plug and play. You’d be fitting a pre facelift light cluster to a facelift car.  Suspect the pin arrangement and even the plug itself will be different. It’s up to you whether you feel it’s worth the effort or not. Even switching to the thick ‘C’ from the facelift likely isn’t plug and play and would at the least need some coding. 

2 hours ago, automass said:

Intelligent headlight or high beam assist is automatic high beam. So, it comes on automatically if needed and speed threshold (40km/m p/h) is met. Only SE L or previously known as Elegance  variant has this option. it comes very handy when you are driving in motorway in peach dark night.

HBA (High Beam Assist) was also available on other variants - my previous Elegance had it (using a basic camera at address 20) and so does my current L&K (with the highline camera at address A5).

12 minutes ago, toot said:

'Intelligent Headlights'  are 'MATRIX'  headlights, as far as i know, call them and have them.  @automassYour car does not have MATRIX headlights doesit?

I don't know what MATTIX headlight is. My 1st Octavia was Elegance 63 plate with halogen everything..i had this HBA in that car..this is very good technology. I don't understand why some other brand like bmw or MB doesn't have it?

When there are bad ones or ones used at the wrong place you will know.

I use mine almost all the time now.  (Vauxhall not Skoda.)

They can still blind cyclists and others.  They might not flash you but they might curse you. 

Once you have them driving cars without seems like hard work....

1 hour ago, toot said:

When there are bad ones or ones used at the wrong place you will know.

I use mine almost all the time now.  (Vauxhall not Skoda.)

They can still blind cyclists and others.  They might not flash you but they might curse you. 

Once you have them driving cars without seems like hard work....

This is high beam we are talking about..which comes on automatically after certain speed threshold (about 40m/h speed)..and goes off automatically for on coming vehicle.. people use it manually but can forgot to switch off..hence this option..it also come on with heavy rain ..on the rear of the rearview mirror mount, there is a little camera sensor for this HBA..

3 hours ago, toot said:

This is exactly what I have in my car..normally all SE L or Elegance (as far as I know). Skoda calls them HBA and other car company calls it intelligent headlight. As I said, It doesn't dazzle oncoming vehicle at all as it shuts off itself as soon as it detects any kind of light.

Edited by automass

2 hours ago, automass said:

This is exactly what I have in my car..normally all SE L or Elegance (as far as I know). Skoda calls them HBA and other car company calls it intelligent headlight. As I said, It doesn't dazzle oncoming vehicle at all as it shuts off itself as soon as it detects any kind of light.

I don't think so. Matrix headlights were first introduced on the Superb in 2019/20. I think you will just have HBA which automatically  dips the headlights instead of you doing it manually.

Edited by ords

If it's of any use as a data point, my Mk3 VRS (PFL 66 plate/MY2017) has the double C style lights.
The top row of LEDs lighting up in between the top part of the "C" when the brakes are applied.

20221228_232941.jpg

Edited by hhcd80
Clarification on location of LEDs

This is exactly what I was looking for. Mine is 1.4tsi SE L hatchback 67plate. I have single bracket (C) light. I know about brake light as you can change the bulb. But this cluster C shape, you can cot change the bulb.  some car has single and some car has double. I am just wondering if I can have double in my car. I don't know if there is any VCDs adaptation for it.

14 hours ago, langers2k said:

It's a different rear cluster.

You can fit pre-fl clusters but you'll need a wiring adapter and coding changes.

Most people do the opposite and fit fl clusters to pre-fl cars 😉

I am confused. cause i saw the newer number plate than me that car has double bracket (C) light. Probably it was different variant or as someone else said VRs. Next time I will keep my eyes open and update here.