Rear Lamp light questions.

Just had a quick look for hatchback/sedan part numbers:

- 5E5 945 111 and 5E5 945 112 looks to be a pre-FL with halogen bulbs

- 5E5 945 111A and 5E5 945 112A looks to be a pre-FL with LED brake/tail

- 5E5 945 111B and 5E5 945 112B looks to be a FL (low functionality) with LED brake/tail

- 5E5 945 711(A?) and 5E5 945 712(A?) looks to be FL (high functionality) with LED brake/tail

Not sure what the FL (high functionality) 71x vs 71xA is about, one site suggested LHD/RHD...

The pre-FL 2015 brochure mentions the double C shape:

image.png.ea4726880a063b7c1c950260d3594804.png

The FL 2017 brochure only mentions the 'high' functionally clusters in detail with a single C shape:

image.png.a1b8ac3b9f16c6c5ac91979b47a3bebb.png

I'm 99% sure it's impossible to disable one C shape using VCDS on the pre-FL LED clusters as the wiring diagrams only show a single wire controlling both ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My car has front and back LED. So, it was optional in my car to have double C, is it?

Edited by automass

8 hours ago, automass said:

My car has front and back LED. So, it was optional in my car to have double C, is it?

No. As said, the double C is a pre facelift light. The facelift lights were single thin C or single thick C. 

On 28/12/2022 at 19:21, automass said:

As I said, It doesn't dazzle oncoming vehicle at all as it shuts off itself as soon as it detects any kind of light.

That's the idea and most of the time my experience with HBA is that it's pretty good BUT when I was behind a Kia with some rear lights that were not a solid red block but two rows of dots it didn't detect that there was a car in front so I had to manually dip the headlights.

2 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

That's the idea and most of the time my experience with HBA is that it's pretty good BUT when I was behind a Kia with some rear lights that were not a solid red block but two rows of dots it didn't detect that there was a car in front so I had to manually dip the headlights.

OP is under the impression he has Matrix headlights which weren't introduced until 2019/20 on the Superb. He just has HBA.

1 hour ago, ords said:

OP is under the impression he has Matrix headlights which weren't introduced until 2019/20 on the Superb. He just has HBA.

I know, that's why I replied only about HBA.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 11:56, ords said:

Not at all. I know I have High beam assist and thats what matters to me. It works like a charm!!! it goes off without miss. Well, its good to know about Matrix headlight. Does it come as factory default with Octavia?

Regarding original post, I will keep my eyes open for double C rear LED tail light. I was on holiday..just got back home yesterday. I'll update here if i find any.