2068282 Digital instrument panel (FPK) - flickering indicator

Mine flickers also, I am on what is presumably the latest firmware (1896), it happened before but then they change the steering wheel and the problem went away. Now the same error "Travel assist not available" keeps flashing repeatedly and the dealer told me the factory no longer allows the to change the steering wheel. So any suggestions? 

Just now, strudlovina said:

Mine flickers also, I am on what is presumably the latest firmware (1896), it happened before but then they change the steering wheel and the problem went away. Now the same error "Travel assist not available" keeps flashing repeatedly and the dealer told me the factory no longer allows the to change the steering wheel. So any suggestions? 

Welcome to the forum

You have 3x things going on here at once.

• The 1896 firmware is for the infotainment system
  • The digital dash flickerering is separate issue, cured by loading firmware 1402 version into the dashboard
  • Travel assist is an issue with the capacitive steering wheel, they should remove and check for any short, and if none found, they disable the feature

15 minutes ago, Felix2021 said:

I had that flickering once. Good to know there's TPI for that.

@varooom do you happen to have any info on changes in 3470 firmware? Does it include new views (possibility to change speedo in the middle to something else), same as new cars?

I will be honest and say in November I was on erWin Skoda for the hour access I paid for, and while there put in Octavia 21 to get a look at some of the TPI's knowing they would be of use.  They don't apply to me, but thought it a good idea to share 🤝

Not sure what firmware 3470 is for?

EDIT: They are pretty much like the MMI updates, VAG don't provide a changelog, you have to read the TPI's like above to get a rough idea as to what is being fixed, they don't give you details on what is being added in.  Exception tends to be some massive package like the ID v3 series, where they like to make a song and dance over it all, praising all their new functions.

Edited by varooom
Additional Information

• 4 months later...

@varooom This is strictly not related, but I'm trying to find a TPI about the software update of the FPK Digital Instrument Cluster (AID / Virtual Cockpit) for Skoda Octavia, Kodiaq, Karoq and Superb vehicles (with components 5E0920790A, 565920790A, 3V0920790A) manufactured from May 2018 to March 2019 that may have a sporadic digital instrument cluster display failure. I believe it would be a update from version 1691 to 1703. Just wondering if anyone here might have access to that TPI.

4 minutes ago, gnomee said:

@varooom This is strictly not related, but I'm trying to find a TPI about the software update of the FPK Digital Instrument Cluster (AID / Virtual Cockpit) for Skoda Octavia, Kodiaq, Karoq and Superb vehicles (with components 5E0920790A, 565920790A, 3V0920790A) manufactured from May 2018 to March 2019 that may have a sporadic digital instrument cluster display failure. I believe it would be a update from version 1691 to 1703. Just wondering if anyone here might have access to that TPI.

Not in my collection, but you can wait to see if you get any responses... the alternative is to get online with erWin Skoda and with your VIN and a PDF printer, go visit the Elsa online documents (looking for "Red Book" icon) that will have the large list of possible TPI documents to grab.

You can of course while online get your wiring diagrams and workshop repair manuals first before you begin the search.

1hr is 7 Euro (unless changed)

• 11 months later...

When it says Octavia IV does it mean mk4 as in roman numerals or just the IV hybrid vehicles?

I only as as my petrol vRS has had the fuel and coolant temperature gauges flicker slightly a couple of times when i've been driving at night so will this be down to the same TPI even though mine is a petrol car rather than hybrid?

4 hours ago, WaveyDavey said:

When it says Octavia IV does it mean mk4 as in roman numerals or just the IV hybrid vehicles?

I only as as my petrol vRS has had the fuel and coolant temperature gauges flicker slightly a couple of times when i've been driving at night so will this be down to the same TPI even though mine is a petrol car rather than hybrid?

The TPI applied to my petrol SEL 1st Edition - and even after 3 years of ownership I remain confused about IV, iV and Mk4 🙄

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Wonderloaf said:

Mine has just started to do this. Did you guys find it easy to have the upgrade carried out? Does the upgraded software also enable the dials on the dash satnav screen? 

Yes, was easy enough to get the dealer to do mine, though at the time it was still under the three year warranty. How much difference that will make I don’t know. AIUI, it was a small update and didn’t take long - unlike some updates.

It made no difference to the display options in the virtual dashboard; I can get a map view but not with the dials overlaid.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wonderloaf said:

Mine has just started to do this. Did you guys find it easy to have the upgrade carried out? Does the upgraded software also enable the dials on the dash satnav screen? 

The dials on satnav screen is only available on the newer version of the display. It’s a hardware thing not a firmware/software thing. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SteveTheElder said:

Yes, was easy enough to get the dealer to do mine, though at the time it was still under the three year warranty. How much difference that will make I don’t know. AIUI, it was a small update and didn’t take long - unlike some updates.

It made no difference to the display options in the virtual dashboard; I can get a map view but not with the dials overlaid.

Yeah my car is still under warranty, hopefully they sort mine with no hassle!

• Like 1