Connect App

8 minutes ago, Llwyngwernog said:

Just logged in with no problems 

Regards

Was that via the app or the Web app? Neither of my android devices will log on via the android app, but my tablet logged on via the actual website without a problem.

Had an issue logging in through the updated app first thing this morning but it's working fine now on android (Samsung S23U)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Following an update on 27 April, which made the iPhone app into "MySkoda Essentials", the app lost all of my data and it all had to be re-entered, with email and password. Then came the request for the VIN, followed by the dreaded "Unable to Connect" screen-- by which time the app has also lost the VIN. For an app which requires a hefty annual subscription, this is very disappointing. It is even more disappointing when you look at the unfavourable reviews of the app on the iPhone store: they are all replied to with a cut-and-paste response, "we are very sorry that you are having difficulties with our app. Unfortunately, we cannot help you without a deeper analysis. So please contact us via your local customer service." Yeah, right! I am REALLY going to spend a few hours on the phone trying to get an app to work, starting from the beginning!  I have had free apps which worked considerably better than this one. (The web-based app works, but I am hardly going to carry a laptop about with me so I can use it,)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenPen said:

Following an update on 27 April, which made the iPhone app into "MySkoda Essentials", the app lost all of my data and it all had to be re-entered, with email and password. Then came the request for the VIN, followed by the dreaded "Unable to Connect" screen-- by which time the app has also lost the VIN. For an app which requires a hefty annual subscription, this is very disappointing. It is even more disappointing when you look at the unfavourable reviews of the app on the iPhone store: they are all replied to with a cut-and-paste response, "we are very sorry that you are having difficulties with our app. Unfortunately, we cannot help you without a deeper analysis. So please contact us via your local customer service." Yeah, right! I am REALLY going to spend a few hours on the phone trying to get an app to work, starting from the beginning!  I have had free apps which worked considerably better than this one. (The web-based app works, but I am hardly going to carry a laptop about with me so I can use it,)

Calm down mate, you’ll blow a fuse…

Yes, I’ve had the app upgrade too, and at the moment get the “Connection Failure” notification, so logged in to the online web portal. It looks like there has been a big UI update to the web side of things and I guess the app will have too; I like the new web portal layout. At the moment it seems the app gateway servers are still down during/after the upgrade/update. It’ll be back.

I’m curious though. You say the app had lost all of you data - how do you know if you can’t connect? All that has happened is that the new app needs you to login again and enter the VIN.

My only gripe is it’d be good if they let us know when a major update is happening though some form of app notification.

Edited by SteveTheElder

5 hours ago, HenPen said:

Same issue for me. It updated on the 27th April to MySkoda Essentials and initially it worked fine. However in the evening it stopped working and I am constantly getting this screen, when I tap "Refresh the Garage" it loads for a bit, then back to the same screen.

When I log in the web app, my vehicle is there with all the details, however the app seems bugged.

8BA2C6F4-486C-4747-B02C-866D3328C1BB.jpg

On 05/05/2023 at 18:55, Combi_NX5 said:

Is "MyŠkoda app" still not working for anyone today?

Working for me on IOS since Friday and on Android since y-day.

But for the previous 5-6 days, since the update that took place at the end of April, I kept getting messages that something is wrong and that they are working to get things back , bla, bla, bla...

Are youbusing the "new" app, called Skoda Essentials? Because I undersatand the old one (MySkoda) is no loger supported.

21 hours ago, Alan7690 said:

Since MySkoda app update to Skoda Essentials I get this message, but it all appears to be working ok

IMG_5312.PNG

I'm getting the same message. I tried logging out and logging in again, but made no difference.

IMG_9434.jpeg