My day at Dubsport - revo+sps/eibach pro kit/koni fsd

Irf

After my last couple of threads whining about the car, I decided to keep it and since then the bonnet has been swapped for one in better condition free of charge and I had to pay for the wiper arm and blade aftyer the origional one snapped off the car for no apparent reason. All I can say is thanks to Alex Lawrie Skoda for sorting my problems out. First class service, apart from the awful valeters. I've been in that garage almost every other day since getting the car three weeks ago getting the little problems fixed and apart from the front bumper having stone chips in and the gearbox rattling, everything else that can be fixed is now spot on. Will need to go back to get the xenons re-adjusted though.

Anyways on Friday I booked the Furby in for today with Dubsport in Wigan to get remapped using Revo and getting a SPS stage 1 unit. The ride height was silly high as standard but I didn't want to compromise handling or go too low so I ordered an Eibach Pro Kit with a -40mm drop (Furby is -15mm lower from factory so this reduces it by -25mm instead of the full -40mm) and I ordered the Koni FSD dampers. Couldn't wait to get there today, was like a little kid lol.

Arrived before 12pm, dampers had not yet arrived so they put the car on the ramp and removed the front suspension. Dampers arrived at 3pm and the suspension was done by about 5pm. Then they put the Revo software on and I was all done by about 5.30pm.

First impressions...well I forgot the suspension had been changed and I just wanted to thrash the car about. Was dissapointed at first with the remap as I was expecting to get thrown back in my seat. But the power comes in quite smoothly and you don't realise just how quickly you are moving. The roads were super wet too and traction in 2nd gear was non existent. 1st gear is about the same, pretty much useless for a quick launch. But shift up and use the rest of the gears properly, and you'll be doing triple figures pretty quickly without any fuss.

As for the suspension...well lets just say it feels 'strange'. After lowering my Clio on -35/-30mm springs and 17" wheels, the ride was harsh to say the least. But at least there was no diving when braking or body roll. It rode like a donkey though. Then there's the C-class Merc. It's the Avantgarde version so it's slightly sporty from the factory. however this is more of a luxury cruiser and is very relaxed. Car rolls about and dives when braking but its to be expected. With this sort of experience you get into a mindset that a hard ride = good handling/cornering and a comfy ride = car sickness. So it's hard to describe what this suspension combination was like. After leaving Dubsport, I travelled on some smooth roads to get to the motorway. The car felt smoother on the roads and when braking the amount fo dive had reduced. The corners were taken with less bodyroll. This was to be expected but the best part was when on the motorway. Normally the Furby bounces along the motorway but after getting into triple figures, all I can is that it drove VERY smoothly. The initial harshness in the suspension has gone, yet when you go to brake hard or change lanes there is much more car control and less pitching/diving. After the motorway it was back onto a dual carriageway and then onto normal roads. Some bumps made their way into the car but these were at low speeds on small bumps. When travelling at normal speeds, these imperfections seem to be ironed out. This smoothness takes your confidence away from taking corners quickly or braking hard as your mind si still telling you that a car with soft suspension cannot handle. Then when you do take a corner faster than normal, you get a bit of a shock when the car just goes where you want it to with the minimum of fuss!

So if anyone wants to get a remap and not worry about having to return it back to stock, Revo are the ones to use. And if anyone wants a decent ride without sacrificing handling, Eibach's and Koni FSD's are the way to go!

Sorry for the long thread but people wanted to know what the dampers would be like with the Eibachs. I've only driven the car back home so will need a few more days for it to settle and to get a better feel of the car. But at the moment I'm very happy with the results. Pics will be coming soon, probably after the weekend, but the car just looks stock! Very subtle and will surprise a lot of people too.

Hi guys, pics of the car/sps unit coming after the weekend hopefully.

faboko whereabout in liverpool are you from? Wouldn't mind meeting up and seeing what the difference is. What colour is your furby as I have seen two silver ones around liverpool and a black one too.

chris it cost enough lol. i told insurance about the suspension and they didnt charge too much which was good.

xenons were altered today, going to text them out later, the stealer charged me £24 instead of £35 as they didn't know what to do. I ended up ringing Dubsport and they told the mechanic how to change the settings lol!

hellfire the springs can be used on normal furby's too iirc. thats why they say it lowers -40mm on the box. but on the vrs it is already lowered by -15mm so you don't get as big a drop.

after driving the car more today i realised the ride isn't actually that smooth around town lol. its fairly bumpy but not as bad as standard i dont think. at speed its definately more controlled and smoother, without being as twitchy as before. need to drive the car more to get a proper overlook on what they are like!

Some old guy has a black one by Otterspool/Pleasure Island I think? I pass him now and again. Not sure if I have seen any other black ones? I'm from around Calderstones/Woolton area.

I'm based in huyton. Black 04 Travel to Southport everyday.

Milkyjohn. I spend alot of time round St Helens. Other half family live there.

Irf. The route I take to work (southport) can be very bumpy. Would be a good run for a test I think.

• 2 months later...

Eddy, I got the SPS unit in case I wanted warranty work doing. My dealer is relatively mod friendly but just in case I can use this. Also it's good to see what the difference in the remap makes from time to time :)

Eddy, I got the SPS unit in case I wanted warranty work doing. My dealer is relatively mod friendly but just in case I can use this. Also it's good to see what the difference in the remap makes from time to time :)

That's my point though, turning it off won't matter as you have posted on here you have the map.

• 4 months later...
Useful stuff, whats 'SPS' is that just a removable remap like the AMD one click ?

Cheers

RBW

Sort of. Except the Revo one doesn't put your original map back.. it puts a revo version of your original map back.. :thumbdwn: