Superb Mk4

I still feel the need to test drive before ordering myself. But I’ve never owned a PHEV before. I’m also not convinced about the rectangular drivers display under a curved hood. 

I phoned my (french) local dealer for another subject this evening.

He told me (BTW), he had received a new Superb Mk4 and a new Kodiaq Mk2.

Maybe I'll get there tomorrow to see both... 

😃

Does anyone know if there is a USB-C port next to the rear-view mirror?  Particularly when there is a sun-roof. I can't find and information to say there is.

Today I put hands on new L&K Combi 2.0TDI 110KW launch series. Coming from 2020 Superb Combi 2.0TDI 110KW.

First thoughts are that it's an huge quality improvement, I drove only 30 km today (normally I drove around 1200 km per week) but it seems also more reactive and more enjoyable to drive.

i tested 1.5 TSI Superb L&K before i bought my current Superb 280 and while i can say there are definitely some improvements, but also lot of step backwards, which i personally really dont understand.

one big improvement are seats, which are really nice and more comfortable for sure.

also infotainment seems much smoother and improved, no hickups.

i think there will be less rattle potencial in superb4 interior

otherwise my personal downsides comparing to my Superb 2023 sportline :

- armrest is not adjustable, which is pretty big deal if you dont have right arm length and body size.

- whole dash grill was super dusty even after few days, it's hell to clean it up. it doesnt remotely look as good as on first renders.

- virtual cockpit looks cheap even comparing to not so great virtual cockpit in Superb3.

- dash tablet was enormous sticking out and i would almost prefer smaller cheaper size.

- interactive dials seems very nice to touch and look, but in reality, i don't find them very ergonomic, keep pressing and switching between modes, I miss quick access to important features through specialized buttons. 

- whole interior was big letdown for me because it looked so nice on first renders, fake wood pattern looked especially bad.

- subjectivelly i really dont like the exterior, like AT ALL, especially combi, but thats just personal taste.

- i was hoping for big improvements in road noise / wind noise department as one of my biggest complains in previous generation, but i don't find any major ones, wind noise was slightly better, road noise was better comparing to my superb3 on 19 inch bridgestone tires, but superb4 had 18 inch wheels with goodyear performance grip 2, which are quieter.

- 1.5 TSI in Superb4 was quiter and more refined, but it definitely felt slower than my previous Superb 1.4 TSI 150.

- Laura is still unsuable

TLDR: I was personally disappointed -  for one improvement, there are three downgrades, so ended up with another Superb3. Really recommend doing proper long test drive before anyone buying this car.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Lith99 said:

Does anyone know if there is a USB-C port next to the rear-view mirror? 

Mk3.FL had €50 option 4L5

2 minutes ago, Cedwing said:

The UK brochure lists a USB-C by the mirror as standard. 

Thanks, I missed that!!

5 hours ago, Cedwing said:

The UK brochure lists a USB-C by the mirror as standard. 

I assume in a LH car it will be on the right of the overhead console, but in a RH drive car will it be on the left?

I can confirm for a LHD MK3 it's on the right side of the rear view mirror console 

Gabbo 

I also had the opportunity to sit in a Mk4 on Tuesday by my local dealer.

Here a MHEV 1.5 TSI L&K spec:

IMG-8784.jpg  IMG-8785.jpg

Outside looks more massive than Mk3, especially the bonnet. Front grill is more vertical and higher, and bonnet is  looks more voluminous 

Rear also looks more massive

IMG-8786.jpg  IMG-8787.jpg

Centre screen is big. The 3 knobs on the contre console look OK, but they sound pour quality when you rotate them 

IMG-8788.jpg

Engine seems to be pushed backwards and distance between front end and radiator looked very important... 

New Kodiaq 2 had sole arrived but it was locked...

IMG-8789.jpg   IMG-8790.jpg

• Like 1

Car arrived in the UK on the 8th May, but still waiting for delivery to the dealers and they really have no idea when it might arrive.

Before June they say!

5 hours ago, philsmith said:

Car arrived in the UK on the 8th May, but still waiting for delivery to the dealers and they really have no idea when it might arrive.

Before June they say!

As your car has been built it will have a VIN.  If you can ascertain this you should be able to enter it into the MyŠkoda app which claims "When ordering a new vehicle, you will be able to track the production and delivery progress up until the point of handover."

8 hours ago, philsmith said:

Got the VIN number and the app, but cannot see how you can track the car.

There are two MyŠkoda apps, MyŠkoda Essentials and the new MyŠkoda.  My current Superb, registered in November 2019, was deemed to be too old for the new MyŠkoda so it was set up on MyŠkoda Essentials where I benefit from the app’s functionality.  However, I now see my Superb’s data has been ported into the new MyŠkoda app outside of my control, and I benefit from some of its functionality.

I see that clicking on “Profile” brings up a “Manage cars” field which when clicked brings up an “Add” button.  When this button is clicked it brings up a “Add a car” screen where it's possible to enter a car’s VIN which presumably then sets up a profile for the car.

The new MyŠkoda app’s notes on Play Store say “When ordering a new vehicle, you will be able to track the production and delivery progress up until the point of handover*.”.  The * note says “Track & explore — now available in GB, FR, IE and ES".

I mentioned to my dealer that the new MyŠkoda app is misleading when it says “When ordering a new vehicle, you will be able to track the production and delivery progress up until the point of handover.”.  The response was you need a VIN for it to work, but surely to be of any use to track from the point of order it would be better to work with the order number?

I have no information about where my Superb Mk 4, which was ordered on the same date as yours, 14th March 2024, is situated within the production and delivery process, and without its VIN I cannot attempt to set up its profile in the new MyŠkoda app.  I’m deliberately not asking the dealer about progress as I’m evaluating the quality of their communication on new orders.  I’m working on the basis that my car will come when it comes.

• Like 1

I have put my vin in the app and my car is there to see. But there is no way of tracking. There may be if you activate the car but of course you have to have access to the actual car to do this. 

I did read that tracking was country specific so might try re-entering the car and selecting a different country. 

19 minutes ago, philsmith said:

I have put my vin in the app and my car is there to see. But there is no way of tracking. There may be if you activate the car but of course you have to have access to the actual car to do this. 

I did read that tracking was country specific so might try re-entering the car and selecting a different country. 

How frustrating, but some progress then.  The app notes say tracking is available in GB but the whole point of that facility is useless if it doesn't work until you actually have the car.

Car will be at the dealers today and ready for pick up Monday afternoon, if not before.

12 weeks as told when I ordered.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

No demos yet, he thought this may be the first rhd one on UK roads

Edited by philsmith

5 hours ago, philsmith said:

Picked the car up yesterday, pleased with the colour!

IMG_20240604_113205.jpg

IMG_20240604_113216.jpg

IMG_20240604_113227.jpg

Great for you.  Do enjoy your trip to Bordeaux in style.  What side of the overhead console is the USB-C socket located, please?

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 08:12, dumpling1954 said:

New Superb Estate Laurin & Klement 2.0 TDI 193PS DSG 4x4 in Energy Blue ordered yesterday.  Options include active tyre pressure monitoring system, heads-up display, simply clever family package, variable boot floor and boot net partition.  £49,100 on the road.

I heard today that my car has an estimated build date of the second week of July.  That's disappointing given it was ordered on the first day it was possible to place an order (14th March).  I only say that because I know philsmith ordered his new Superb on the same day as me, and he picked his car up on Monday of this week.  Of course, there could be 101 reasons why my car should be behind his, one of which could be it's a different build configuration.  It's looking as though it might be a September pick-up for me now.