Update to Version 1969

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JamesK said:

My local dealer initially said this until I showed them a video of the behaviour of my car, and the 2022 loan Octavia they had given me. They did eventually get directed by Skoda to update the climate control unit, but it took far more effort on my part, and in fairness the dealers part to get this update 'approved' by Skoda.

It seems too much these days that dealers blindly look at their computer systems and if it says there are no updates available, then that is the absolute truth. They seem reluctant to report these issues back to Skoda, and if the dealers don't report the issues, then Skoda won't know. In this case though, they clearly do know, as there have been a few of us on this forum that have persisted with our complaints and got the necessary update applied.

What vids did you have, and how did you replicate the air con sync issue? I read a previous post outlining what theirs was but I'm still not sure. I always have mine on Sync but the passenger side usually shows Eco at some point and I don't know if that's the issue. 

I've a few videos of when the "Changing your vehicle settings" message appears and the system basically restarts itself, is that one of the issues? I also have one from when the battery and petrol level indicators flicker randomly.  

I have mine in for a 'diagnostic' in a few weeks ago and feel I'm going to have a battle against them to update the software so want to be well prepared my side.

Edited by Jip

I just took a video of starting the car, activating the sync function. Then turning the car off and and on again, and showing how SYNC had disappeared from the left control, but the left control would work to control temperature on the left and right side of the car. Finally followed by changing the right control which would then immediately break the sync and the controls would then operate independently.

Then, when I had the loan car I took another video of activating sync, then turning the car off and on again, and SYNC still being active on the left control.

• Like 1

And when sync disappeared what was it replacing with, just the temperature? Like I said I usually get "Eco" on the passenger side but I don't if that's what I should be seeing after a period of non usage. 

In my MKIII I always saw the temps in synch which is what I expect to see now.

Working Download Links:

I have uploaded the file to a couple of my cloud services, and no password is required.

Give them a try and let me know if they are working okay for you.  The first link will likely become unavailable when it hits a bandwidth limit so best to download ASAP.

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZVfN9Zh62r0cJ7y4YQMaldlQMJxbP78tTV

Hopefully this link should work okay:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rT0eItntrx6zeUz0dMAnzpBKL5Ktswg7/view?usp=share_link

If requests become to much I will likely have to restrict downloads but for the time being I'll keep them live and un-restricted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/05/2024 at 22:41, JamesK said:

My local dealer initially said this until I showed them a video of the behaviour of my car, and the 2022 loan Octavia they had given me. They did eventually get directed by Skoda to update the climate control unit, but it took far more effort on my part, and in fairness the dealers part to get this update 'approved' by Skoda.

It seems too much these days that dealers blindly look at their computer systems and if it says there are no updates available, then that is the absolute truth. They seem reluctant to report these issues back to Skoda, and if the dealers don't report the issues, then Skoda won't know. In this case though, they clearly do know, as there have been a few of us on this forum that have persisted with our complaints and got the necessary update applied.

I took a video, showed them in person. they replicated it. but as they had other 2021 cars that had the same issue they said its normal. yet their 2024 car and others work fine but they are like its year specific 😕  I guess also a lot of people dont realise that the sync thing is an issue. same with me until i saw it on the forums here. I always thought it was normal. annoying but normal. lets see i am trying to see who else has a 2021 car with the sync working so i can get them to do the firmwareupdate for me.  

Just wondering do the full software updates actually get pushed out OTA as the amount of people who are on very old software versions seems to point to them not getting OTA updates?

I just figured if they get pushed OTA to all cars how come so many people seem to have ancient software versions still on the car?

It is country / region specific. Like here is Aus we dont have the esim integration so we dont get any OTA and need to rely on the local dealers to perform the updates.  I only got 1941 as they needed to to apply the audio firmware. 

2 hours ago, molesy94 said:

It is country / region specific. Like here is Aus we dont have the esim integration so we dont get any OTA and need to rely on the local dealers to perform the updates.  I only got 1941 as they needed to to apply the audio firmware. 

It's a challenge for us because Skoda Australia is still in the "if it ain' broke, don't fix it" mentality. Whereas other brands are providing feature updates.

Heck even our 2019 Ford Focus still gets Sync 3 updates over WiFi and it's a pre-FordPass/Connected services model.

My biggest problem with Australian delivered Skoda's is how broken the system can be. They clearly designed MIB3 to be always connected and then worked backwards rather than design MIB3 to function offline with the added benefits of online functions.

Worse still, our cars are destined to stay offline forever. Even with Skoda Australia launching connected services with the Enyaq, there is no known retrofit solution like Carstick LTE for the MIB2.

It would be good if they could give us OTA over wifi. I connected my moms subaru to wifi and it got some updates for her car. And that could be done in the MIB updates like in 1941 / 1969 include that. 

3 hours ago, molesy94 said:

It would be good if they could give us OTA over wifi. I connected my moms subaru to wifi and it got some updates for her car. And that could be done in the MIB updates like in 1941 / 1969 include that. 

Well it appears our cars have this functionality, but it's not used.

Otherwise, why would Skoda allow us to connect our cars to the home WiFi and provide us with an option view updates?

The MIB3 MOI3 Preh (headunit type) used in everything but the Mk4 Octavia has a WiFi Update button in the main menu.

For reference, the MIB3 Premium head units come in two different versions for Skoda, the MOI3 Preh made by Harmon and the MOI3 LG... made by LG.

The MOI3 LG is used in MQB Evo vehicles like the Golf 8, Leon, and Formentor. The MOI3 Preh is the older style unit used in pretty much everything else.

I've looked through the 5f Multimedia adaptions and did see these options but changing them does nothing:

IMG_EAE0E3CCB0CE-1.thumb.jpeg.5217dd9795c7db56eef6d76d9e72ea2b.jpeg

But even if it did, we'd still need Skoda to push updates out over the air for us to receive anything.

• Like 1

I called to see if my Skoda dealer could do it. They said yes for free at my next service in about 6 months or I could bring it in for a fee of $330Aud. I think I can wait. Or maybe attempt it myself. But I'm hesitant. My system has no issues. So...

1 hour ago, LuxoviaRS said:

I called to see if my Skoda dealer could do it. They said yes for free at my next service in about 6 months or I could bring it in for a fee of $330Aud. I think I can wait. Or maybe attempt it myself. But I'm hesitant. My system has no issues. So...

If it ain’t broke…..

Wait until the service then any potential issues and it’s the dealer’s responsibility.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, spcdust said:

If it ain’t broke…..

Wait until the service then any potential issues and it’s the dealer’s responsibility

Ok thanks for the advise. I guess it's best to wait.  Won't be too long. Don't want to risk it. 

On 04/06/2024 at 20:16, LuxoviaRS said:

Did they say they will update the MIB to 1969 or 1941? They only updated mine to 1941 becasue they needed to do it for the audio issue. 

11 hours ago, molesy94 said:

Did they say they will update the MIB to 1969 or 1941? They only updated mine to 1941 becasue they needed to do it for the audio issue

No they weren't clear about it. They just said they can do it complementary at the next service. Let me call them and see if I can find out.  

8 minutes ago, LuxoviaRS said:
11 hours ago, molesy94 said:

Did they say they will update the MIB to 1969 or 1941? They only updated mine to 1941 becasue they needed to do it for the audio issue

No they weren't clear about it. They just said they can do it complementary at the next service. Let me call them and see if I can find out.  

Well that was interesting. Now they are saying unless there is an issue they won't update, and they only update to the next step up so for me it will be 1941.  The previous caller that called me though they asked me if I had any issues with it (which l don't), must have not known what they were talking about. The only problem my one has, is the voice control "Laura" it's a waste of time really. Won't get into it.  Just doesn't work properly, even with simple commands. Maybe they will update it because of this.  Otherwise I'm stuck with this which is OK. Apparently also I void the warranty if I attempt it myself. I don't know if that's true or not.  I don't want to risk the 7 year warranty.  

6 minutes ago, LuxoviaRS said:

Well that was interesting. Now they are saying unless there is an issue they won't update, and they only update to the next step up so for me it will be 1941.  The previous caller that called me though they asked me if I had any issues with it (which l don't), must have not known what they were talking about. The only problem my one has, is the voice control "Laura" it's a waste of time really. Won't get into it.  Just doesn't work properly, even with simple commands. Maybe they will update it because of this.  Otherwise I'm stuck with this which is OK. Apparently also I void the warranty if I attempt it myself. I don't know if that's true or not.  I don't want to risk the 7 year warranty.  

Humm thats interesting. I was planing to do the update to 1969 myself. But i dont want to void the 7yr  warranty as well. 

• Like 1

In my car, I have software version 1668, which seems very old. I'm experiencing a lot of system reboots, and the only workaround seems to be disabling all online services by setting the most restrictive privacy mode.

I have requested an appointment with the dealer. Last year, I was told that they managed all possible software updates, but that doesn't seem to be true; software version 1668 appears to be older than 1 year.

HW56
SW:1668
Display-HW: H44
Display-SW: 2088

20 hours ago, molesy94 said:

Did they say they will update the MIB to 1969 or 1941? They only updated mine to 1941 becasue they needed to do it for the audio issue. 

What was your audio issue?

5 minutes ago, Jip said:

What was your audio issue?

It was posted here earlier with the TPI.  But essentially the MIB would have no audio randomly no matter the audio input. The other issue was there would sometimes we a loud pop sound when approaching the locked car and would result in no audio. Rebooting the MIB does not work. Have to fully power off the car let it drain  power from MIB. Then when you start it up after the drain it is fine. 

• Like 1

Hi all, new here. Unfortunately I’ve seen this thread a day too late. 1941 installed a few weeks ago on my mk4 vRS and all was fine until Friday, when I had to reset the tyre pressure system after a low pressure warning. As soon as I did that, the infotainment screen started pop-popping and switching on and off, and taking the satnav on my digital dash down with it. Then I started getting PDC warnings over the weekend, and yesterday my screen stopped working completely, alongside new warnings about parking sensors and the SOS system not working. So I suspect I won’t be able to do this update myself as my screen seems to be dead.

Can anyone reassure me that the problems stop with things linked to the infotainment system ? I’m slightly worried about the electronic handbrake suddenly not working, or the DSG being affected.

This is my info, taken when the screen still worked.

IMG_2289.jpeg

Edited by JammyUK

Never heard of seen that happen before.

Not really sure what to suggest, there's a few VW group independent in Camberley, plus Camberley Skoda Service Centre, otherwise it's Garlands in Aldershot for diagnosis and repair.

The only thing that may work is taking the fuse for the infotainment system out for a few minutes and putting it back in and see what happens.

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Love it! 1

3 hours ago, JammyUK said:

Hi all, new here. Unfortunately I’ve seen this thread a day too late. 1941 installed a few weeks ago on my mk4 vRS and all was fine until Friday, when I had to reset the tyre pressure system after a low pressure warning. As soon as I did that, the infotainment screen started pop-popping and switching on and off, and taking the satnav on my digital dash down with it. Then I started getting PDC warnings over the weekend, and yesterday my screen stopped working completely, alongside new warnings about parking sensors and the SOS system not working. So I suspect I won’t be able to do this update myself as my screen seems to be dead.

Can anyone reassure me that the problems stop with things linked to the infotainment system ? I’m slightly worried about the electronic handbrake suddenly not working, or the DSG being affected.

This is my info, taken when the screen still worked.

IMG_2289.jpeg

Don't do anything, it is covered by warranty so contact the dealers to sort out. 

If you fiddle with it in any way, they may claim it invalidates the warranty.

You should be able to get a courtesy car if they need to keep it to sort out

• Like 1

Did you upgrade to 1941 yourself? My experience on 1941 and 1969 with the problems I've had post install, is that I'm going to always do a full factory reset after upgrade. My car (on same hardware as yours) seems to play up until I did full reset both times.

The things you mentioned are linked to Infosys and if that's playing up your likely to get the errors. Handbrake and dsg hopefully should never get affected by Infosys.

Try a full reset of infosys and set up primary user etc again. If like me it hopefully will correct the issues. If not you need to go to skoda

Edited by Novascape
  • Like 1