Error code 17 703

SimonT

Does anyone know what this means?

Is it related to a problem where, under full acceleration in third onto a m/way sliproad it suddenly feels as though the turbo has cut out? Foot to the floor, but only maintaining a constant speed (60ish).

17705 is the DV, noyt sure about 703

Your dealer / Skoda technical should know ;) Failing that, find someone with VAG-COM as that has a good error description.

If you are near London, gimme a bell or PM me and I'll be happy to help if I can.

Jon

07866 727618

I see you've toned it down a little, Jon! ;) I knew about 17705. The dealer was reluctant to tell me what it meant (Me: "What does it mean?" Dealer: "I can't tell you without looking it up in the book" Me: "I'll wait" Dealer: "It's just an advisory code" Me: "I'd be interested to know anyway" Dealer: (silence)) and just cleared the code.

I have a new (<4000 miles) VAG DV fitted under warranty. Can a failing DV damage the turbo? I expect that stalling it on every gearchange can't be doing it any favours...

Si

as I understand it, when the DV fails, it splits (usually), and so loses pressure continuously. Is this right?

Assuming this to be correct, I figured that the turbo might not be at risk as long as you were sensible? I'm sure I'm about to be corrected, but I'd be interested to know, as I was considering changing the DV for an aftermarket one as a precaution.

Moi

:drive:

Simon - now might be the time to try the "other" dealer near us as I suggested! They are excellent and definitely more "interested" in talking about possibilities on the car / mods etc - im sure they would give you the details :)

That was the other dealer - I was on my way back from London, so just popped off the M20 if that's what you mean.

Edit: have you talked to them about "other possibilities"?

Si

Briefly in chatting with one of their sales guys - he was looking at chipping a 4x4 that they had been unable to sell for a while to make it more sellable. Alex (the main service guy) has been very helpful on other issues but haven't broached anyhting too much with him yet.

Simon' date=' send a PM to Des (Delcac) as he has VAG-COM and he's another one from the Mudway area. Should give a proper description for you.

Sorry I can't help. :([/quote']

No problem. :D

You can get my on 07970 639833.

PS I have a Hyperboost DV if you won't to try one on for size.

Now now gents... :nono: ...we'll have no talk of public hire useage for the Superb thankyou here in Medway. The (common) Octy will remain for that purpose, allowing us more discerning buyers to cruise the Medway streets in REAL comfort and class in our Superb.

Toodle pip.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know what this means?

Is it related to a problem where' date=' under full acceleration in third onto a m/way sliproad it suddenly feels as though the turbo has cut out? Foot to the floor, but only maintaining a constant speed (60ish).[/quote']

Try here . I dont see a DTC17 703 but there is a P0703 which is DTC17087

P0703 Torque Converter/Brake Switch B Circ Malfunction