Old Infortainment system, is it worth upgrading.

I didn't even know how old my infortainment system was till I decided to check it 😂. It says Software 1900. But tbh I've had absolutely no issues with it😀.  I wonder is this version a version that has caused issues for others. I actually don't think i will be able to update it myself to 1969, I don't have the right tools and know how and I don't want to risk it.   It looks like I will have to take it to the dealer.  Is the 1969 really worth upgrading to? Am I missing much?20240602_230837.thumb.jpg.ee78bf5ad78a6b4015dc3825792594ac.jpg

On 03/06/2024 at 01:16, LuxoviaRS said:

I didn't even know how old my infortainment system was till I decided to check it 😂. It says Software 1900. But tbh I've had absolutely no issues with it😀.  I wonder is this version a version that has caused issues for others. I actually don't think i will be able to update it myself to 1969, I don't have the right tools and know how and I don't want to risk it.   It looks like I will have to take it to the dealer.  Is the 1969 really worth upgrading to? Am I missing much?20240602_230837.thumb.jpg.ee78bf5ad78a6b4015dc3825792594ac.jpg

Rather then starting a new thread, I would have suggested posting here: 

1900 isn't that old. 1896 is a pretty common version that came before it.

However, the update to 1941 is certainly worth it.

You should have no issues updating to 1941 and then to 1969 - however, like someone else will inevitably point out, you do this at your own risk.

Go to the aforementioned 1969 thread and follow the information for installation.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, aaaaplay said:

1900 isn't that old. 1896 is a pretty common version that came before it.

However, the update to 1941 is certainly worth it.

You should have no issues updating to 1941 and then to 1969 - however, like someone else will inevitably point out, you do this at your own risk.

Go to the aforementioned 1969 thread and follow the information for installation.

Thank you. Yes I should have posted in that one. I did see it and posted there.   I think for me it's  the "at your own risk" that worries me.  Thanks again i have already