Clutch and Flywheel Replacement - 2.0 Diesel 150bhp manual (2016)

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to gauge what I should be paying for a clutch and flywheel replacement on a Mk3 Superb I'm looking to buy. I've seen prices varying wildly, some as high as £2000! Currently waiting on a price from Skoda to get an idea of what the most I could pay is. Will try a couple of Indi's too.

So, anyone had theirs done on the same gearbox and how much did you pay?

Any help appreciated!

Edited by Fozzy92
typo

I would be interested to hear what reply you get from Skoda as I took am considering a clutch and flywheel change to try and stop the horrible judder I get from my car. Would be interested to see what others have paid as well. 

The change cost £1,100 on our MKII CR170 about 6 years ago. That was with a multi-marque indy who always carried out services on our cars at the time. 

Paid €1200 for clutch and flywheel recently. Keep looking as you will find a better price.

A lot of garages make a big deal out of this job, but I watched the two guys (albeit pros) working on my car and they had the whole job completed in 1.5 hours.

4 hours ago, Steviedakota said:

Paid €1200 for clutch and flywheel recently. Keep looking as you will find a better price.

A lot of garages make a big deal out of this job, but I watched the two guys (albeit pros) working on my car and they had the whole job completed in 1.5 hours.

That seems like a fair price really. In 2 minds about carrying on with it juddering or bite the bullet and get it done. It's just finding the time to leave it with someone as I use it pretty much every day at the moment. 

Thanks for the replies everyone. 

€1200 seems a great price.

I just heard back from my local ŠKODA main dealer and was quoted £2690 😳

When I questioned the price, I was told the price for the flywheel alone is £1100.

Had a look on AUTODOC and for a luk clutch kit and flywheel it’s around £650.

I think I’ll keep shopping around!

• Like 1

Ask for independent garage recommendations from members in your area. 

Posted (edited)

I was quoted around £1,200 by two local garages and ended up trading the car in to the garage who changed it and they said it was about £700 for the clutch or £1,100 for clutch and flywheel. Definitely much better options out there than main dealers. Same 2016 Superb 2.0 tdi manual.

Edited by Sheriff
  • Like 2