280 4x4 suspension (DCC) and brakes...

hello, my 2017 L&K 280 4x4 has just been MOT'd and the front shocks have been given advisories for the second year running...

I don't do huge mileage but think pushing it for another year might be a bit much!

has anyone pulled the DCC out of their car and replaced with something fixed (and the the DCC option coded out of their car) ? I literally set the DCC to "Sports" when i got the car and have never changed it since... it's a waste (for me). I've heard of the DCC slider mod, and people seem to suggest that's a good upgrade? so, DCC OEM, after market, or none-DCC shocks? too many choices, all expensive!!!

brakes:

both the front and rear discs have a lip, should I simply go OEM, or is there some after market discs option I ought consider as a replacement? Obviously new pads will be going on when the discs get done... again, what have folk done to theirs, and was there an improvement?

thanks

If you have DCC, stick with DCC.

As much as it can be coded out, it’s an awfully painful job to do as it’s sowed into all the other systems.

the rear level sensor would need re wiring to the bcm instead of the dcc module.

Stick with it and get either Monroe shocks or bilstein.

regarding the brakes. OE are poor in my opinion and have a huge amount of brake dust. I’m cleaning mine weekly.

Id go with Pagid or TRW ceramic pads, and mtec painted discs.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

3 hours ago, rob_g_clarkson said:

I literally set the DCC to "Sports" when i got the car and have never changed it since..

you aren't alone whose conclusion is, all other modes are too soft

browse following threads:

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/478335-does-the-sportline-have-stiffer-suspension/?do=findComment&comment=5850315

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/485647-bilstein-b6-dcc-shock-absorbers-available-at-last/

• Like 1

Before I sold my car the front shocks were an advisory for several years. After a couple of years, one gave way. A year later I sold the car and the other feont shocker was still ok more or less. So several years of “light misting” can happen before failure. I would get replacements from eg Autodoc BEFORE they fail an MOT, because then you will have to get from TPS and that will be £500 a side.

As to brakes, almost anything is better than OEM. I fitted Delphi, much better despite being a budget product 

regarding DCC, as @ApertureS already indicated - it will mess up other systems in ur car if u simply "DCC Delete Kit" it.  specifically headlights, ABS and steering.
see image below.

i have a MY17 Superb aswell.  when i first got it, i had it in Individual Drive mode (DCC was set to Sport) 100% of the time.

after 2 yrs later i put Eibach Pro-kit springs.  I was now in Individual mode 80% of the time. 

a yr after that i discovered the DCC Re-calibration process.  since that, i was in Normal mode 80% of the time.

a yr after that i did the DCC Slider Mod.  since that, in Normal Mode 95% of the time.  5% i'm in Individual mode, but this time the DCC setting in my Individual Mode is set to Comfort++

if i were u, i would get replacement OEM DCC shocks, and get the DCC Slider Mod if u can.  combined cost i'm sure it will b way cheaper than sourcing aftermarket adaptive dampers.

509284723_Screenshot_20230130-2053212.thumb.png.ccddcb680c235e16f556204e1c9ded0c.png

• Like 1