Intermittent check engine light, warranty claim and code scanners

Apologies if this is a duplicate, couldn't find anything similar in my search.

I've got an intermittent check engine light which was checked out by RRG Skoda today, in true maintenance fashion, the light was off when I dropped off the car. RRG claimed there were no faults stored on the computer and I was subsequently charged £110 for a diagnostic fee. I've also got other electrical issues with the car, one of which is the volume on the radio turning itself down, I have a video of this, despite having proof I have still been charged.

My question is, where would Skoda stand on OBDeleven, an officially licensed VAG code scanner, can I use it as proof? Does it interfere with my warranty? I was once warned/threatened by a dealer that this could void my warranty by simply plugging in to read codes.

Despite this, I connected and found 2 engine codes as well as other faulted modules, I cannot see any record of them connecting or clearing codes in the history tab. The only note on the invoice is they ran "GFF" - guided fault finding.

Any hints or advice is greatly appreciated.

The dealer diagnostic tool is usually run in a mode that does not consider all fault codes to be significant, unlike the third party tools such as OBDeleven and VCDS - this likely why they claimed there were no fault codes.