Android Auto Wireless connection problem

Hello

I have a Skoda Octavia 2021 which I now own since November 2023. And I can't just get around connecting my mobile phone (Huawei P30 Pro) wirelessly to my Skoda. I have done  ton of research, tried several things and eventually given up every time. 

Firstly I thought the car had a problem. Went to dealer and saw him connecting his phone with Skoda wirelessly without efforts. So there is a problem with my phone. 

What I have tried so far:

1. Went to Android Auto developer settings and tickmarked Wireless Android Auto and Unknown Sources. 

2. Deleting my phone from Skoda multimedia system and started it all again

3. Went through several settings related with my phone data, no efforts

4. Tried to Forget my Skoda wifi network and connected with all again using the wifi network password found on Skoda multimedia system settings. 

The thing is when I turn my mobile phone Wifi ON and connect it with MySkoda Wifi, it requires a login/authorization while the status on my phone showing it is 'Connected'. Whenever I click on that login button, it throws me to a Skoda Cubic Telecom website. 

So, is there any other option rather than buying a completely new smart phone? 

Hi, and welcome to Briskoda.

Which model or Octavia do you have, and do you have the 8" or 10" infotainment screen? 

Early models with the 10" screen didn't support wireless AA until some software updates; I can't remember when the fix was implemented (I'm an iPhone user) but there has been discussion in this forum  in the past. Have you searched for previous posts?

Posted (edited)

As I wrote earlier the problem was with the phone as I saw how to the Skoda dealer connected his Android phone wirelessly without efforts. And it seems to be a wide problem among Huawei P30 users. 

ANYWAY! I GOT IT WORKING MYSELF! So after 7 months I can really start using Android Auto. Used it only few times with USB cable but it was a pain. Not that I have tried to solve this problem before but nothing seemed to work and I gave up several times until now.

So I will post my solution here, maybe it can help someone because I have done ton of searches and never seen solutions like this:

SOLUTION:

1) First thing you can do with your Huawei P30 Pro: Go to Settings -- Apps -- Apps -- Android Auto -- App Details (this will guide you to Play Store and for me it showed there is an update for Android Auto). Don't bother searching for Android Auto update directly from Play Store (at least I couldn't find it that way).

2) You might see that your phone now connects Wirelessly to your Android Auto but for me the Internet  was super slow (unable even to search destinations). So I went to my car settings, turned OFF ''Use eSIM connectivity''  (can't exactly remember how it was written but eSIM was definetely included there) which forced my car to use my phone's Mobile Data instead of trying to connect to Internet through Cubic Telecom. Even though when you are now connected with your car's Wifi it says No Internet Connection, it still works and using your phones mobile data.

I am not sure if those 2 steps above got me entirely through (and I don't want to re-experiment either :D ) but just in case here is some other things I had done earlier:

3) In your phone Go to Settings -- Search for Easy Projection -- Turn ON Wireless Projection

4) In your phone Go to Settings -- Search for Wi-Fi+-- Turn ON

5) Went through my Android Auto developer settings in my phone and turned ON Wireless Android Auto and Unknown Sources and set Application Mode to Developer

I hope this helps someone out there! Don't bother yourself with some manual proxy server stuff that can be found in some Forums (I tried, didn't work and it's not a proper solution anyway). 

Edited by ErikT
  • Like 2