Bah! Engine management light on!

Avocet

Oh well it had to happen sooner or later!  Mrs. Avocet got in it yesterday (I was away).  Started it up from cold and the engine management light came on.  Fortunately, son was home, so he gave her a lift in his car.  (And a load of cheek about how much better his 30 year old car was than her Kodiaq)!🤣

I stuck my trusty OBD11 fault code reader in it when I got home.  it said:

P067300 - Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit  static

Any thoughts, please?  I cleared the code, started it up, and it didn't come back on.  Car drives fine.  Does anyone know whether that code means there's no electrical supply to that glow plug, or whether it means the glow plug itself is faulty?  If the latter, how hard is it to swap a glow plug?  (2.0 150 diesel, 2017, 50,000 miles).

At a guess you've got a knackered glow plug that isn't heating at all...   Based on the assumption that the ECU monitors current draw and hence can tell if it's open circuit and not heating (hence static)??

If you can get at them you can measure the resistance across them between the contact and the engine block to check.

Edited by skomaz

OK< it's the expensive one...  All the others are around 1 Ohm, and this one is over 8.  Apparently 6 is the limit.  So I'm  looking for No. 3 glowplug (the one with the pressure sensor)  for a 2017 Kodiaq 2.0 (150) (DSG 4x4 if that makes a difference).

Does anyone have any recommendations, please?