Weird noise when letting go off accelerator. Stops when I accelerate again or push the clutch down.

Reto

I recently bought my second car, a great 2011 octy vrs. I'm not sure when this noise started, or if it was there the whole time maybe I didn't hear it before. Basically, whenever I accelerate and take my foot off the accelerator, I can hear a noticeable noise that sounds almost like a bike chain if you know what I mean (when you stop pedalling and cruise). The noise stops when I press down the clutch pedal or accelerate again. Not sure exactly where it's coming from, but if anyone knows what I'm talking about and could give ideas what is causing the noise, would be great.

Thanks. 

6 hours ago, pikpilot said:

It would be helpful if you could post your engine code. You can find it on a sticker near or in the spare wheel well.

The engine code is CCZA

I saw this post below on another forum but I know there are threads on this forum too so do a search.

2.0TSI Catastrophic engine failure, owners be aware.

I hope this can help other owners (save them money as well) who have the similar engine CCZA, CCZB under the bonnet of Octavia, Golf GTI.

VW, Audi, Skoda 2.0L TSI catastrophic engine failures caused by VW failure to notify their customers that they had to redesign a critical engine component.
….and not just once, the timing chain tensioner was silently revised 4 times by manufacturer,
because it was failing to keep the timing chain from jumping the teeth on the cam resulting in
engine destruction. The right thing to do would be to issue the recall and replace the tensioner
inside the engine or at least update the ECU, so it would detect and set the check engine light off if
the chain would start losing the tension. The out of timing cams will cause bent valves, possibly broken valve guides and has potential to damage the pistons.
Often there is no warning when the tensioner fails and the damage happens instantly in fraction of a second. Some
engines may have a rattle on start up when starting cold engine in the morning, which many may
overlook. Every 2.0L TSI engine from 2009-2013(4) in Golf6 GTI, Passat, Audi A3, A4, Octavia2 vRS that’s
done 100,000km should have the timing chain tensioner inspected and replaced if found that you
don’t have the latest revision, which is VW p/n 06K 109 467K. It should take less than 1 hour.