Adaptive cruise control

Killala

Hi new to this forum. We have a home in Spain and have just bought  Jan 24 Kodiaq and about to sell it and buy something else if there is no method to remove this awful adaptive cruise? Wife refusing to drive it as relative long distance travel here she finds cruise essential. Thanks 

Hello, welcome to the forum.

What is it that your wife dislikes with ACC?

Do you know if your Kodiaq has Adaptive Cruise - or Predictive Cruise? 

After a very brief look on the web - and it may be a big simplification - but it would seem that the main difference between the two ACC systems is the variation of speed/braking to changing speed limits and road layouts on the predictive system, whereas the standard adaptive cruise just follows the vehicle in front. 

I gather that some unwanted parameters of the predictive system can be changed or 'dialled-out' in the infotainment system. 

ACC. She hates the fact that the car has control and she doesn't, have managed to turn off some of parameters but the one that gets her the most and I've driven the thing myself is sitting at a steady 120km/h and a vehicle passes and pulls into my lane after completing the manoeuvre as is normal and this damn thing slows down even though the vehicle that's passed me is still pulling away. I hate it as much as she does! 

• Like 1

For me, I regret not specifying ACC when I bought the Octavia - I find that standard cruise does not fit in particularly well with normal UK motorway conditions, with traffic speed varying so much and constantly having to manually adjust speed - or disengage it, unless I'm travelling at 0-dark hundred hours (which SWMBO dislikes).

I'm perfectly happy with standard cruise on US or Canadian roads - less so in the UK.

Edited by Warrior193
grammar
  • Like 1

Then I guess you've never had acc? You may well hate is as much as we do. First had it on a rented Camry in Australia last year and couldn't get the hang of it then a can't now. Went to the Audi dealer here to buy a Q5 came out and all Audi, Seat, VW and Škoda all in the same dealership, saw this thing 17k cheaper than the Audi thought why not, wish I'd spent the extra! 

5 hours ago, Killala said:

a vehicle passes and pulls into my lane after completing the manoeuvre as is normal and this damn thing slows down even though the vehicle that's passed me is still pulling away.

Few things to note…

The minimum ‘follow’ distance on the ACC is sufficient IMHO - any further and you’ll sit a mile behind the vehicle in front, so make sure that’s set appropriately (and set to remember rather than default back to ‘medium’ each time you start the car).

If the vehicle overtaking you isn’t going much faster than you, then yes, your car will react by slowing down and increasing the distance, before speeding up again. This is normal for all ACC systems.

If you have drive modes (can’t remember if all Kodiaqs do, but I suspect you do if you also have ACC) - use the ‘custom’ option and try putting the ACC to ‘sport’, even if you have everything else set to ‘eco’ or whatever you want. If the ACC is in ‘eco’ mode, then it makes a massive difference to how much it reacts to cars pulling in etc. compared to ‘sport’ (and even ‘normal’). You may need to increase the ‘follow’ distance by a notch though, it does get closer (and doesn’t slow down as quick!) in ‘sport’…

Great for queuing traffic though, I used it for the first time this weekend and really liked it. There was 5 miles of 0-15 mph traffic on the motorway, so I just let the car deal with it and relaxed my feet and ankles. Sure there were a few slightly harsh reactions, but overall a definite positive. I never bother with cruise at normal running speeds though.

Would seem people aren't bothering to read my post? I don't  want to hear any positives about this abomination that is ACC I only asked could it be mapped out? 
I'll ask someone in the know  Thanks  

• Groan 1

I've been messing around with mine and either put it into sport mode or set up individual mode with sport drive, steering and acc sport with AC eco. Seems to be less aggressive in sport. You have to overtake quite early though or it starts slowing down.

50 minutes ago, Killala said:

Would seem people aren't bothering to read my post? I don't  want to hear any positives about this abomination that is ACC I only asked could it be mapped out? 
I'll ask someone in the know  Thanks  

Just offering another viewpoint, hope you find a satisfactory answer.

Most forums do tend to prompt discussions though.

• Love it! 1