sudden drivetrain noise

Hi all,

After a weekend away last week covering approx 500miles , I noticed a lot of drivetrain noise from the front once I got off the motorway and back into town.

The noise is a bit of a high toned howl, not loud, but can be heard In  the cabin over the radio, and happens at 40mph onwards irrespective of the gear.

It sort of sounds as if the engine needs to go up a gear due to its higher pitch than the engine noise and is not affected by engine revs etc hence my reasoning for thinking it's drivetrain related. Another way to describe it would be tyre noise howl when on a concrete road ( but it's not the tyres as it's there whatever the road surface).

Strangely I can also seem to "feel" it in the pedal when the clutch is depressed although the noise doesn't change at all when I do this.

The car is a 2016 octavia scout 2.0tdi 150bhp manual with 80k on the clock and has good brakes and tyres.

Any thoughts on what this could be, or which bearing I could home in on ?

Thanks in advance .

Cheers