WOW; our Yeti is eight years old.

Fabcol

Hi,

Our 2.0L diesel SE L Yeti is now eight years old and how fast the years have flown by. We bought it new and it's now got 34,500 miles on its clock without missing a beat. It sailed through the MOT today and still scrubs up like new. Whilst awaiting the MOT being carried out a mechanic came into the reception and said "That's a nice car" of course I agreed with him; he went on to say he has friends with Yeti's and they all love them.

Our Yeti is a keeper; we still love it  and it's a pleasure to own & drive; as long as it doesn't start to cost a lot in repairs we won't part with it and looking at the price of modern boxes we can buy a lot of spares for what it would cost to buy another new car. We usually trade in for new at two or max three years; if Yeti's were still made we'd be on our third now.

We no longer trust main Skoda dealers and have found an independent privately owned service garage with a top reputation for honesty; this garage did the MOT today and will be servicing the car shortly.

We don't want to trade down to a milk float living in fear of a big battery. C'mon Skoda; break the trend and reopen the Yeti production line but build Yeti's without so many unwanted electronics.

Kind regards, Col.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fabcol said:

Hi,

Our 2.0L diesel SE L Yeti is now eight years old and how fast the years have flown by. We bought it new and it's now got 34,500 miles on its clock without missing a beat. It sailed through the MOT today and still scrubs up like new. Whilst awaiting the MOT being carried out a mechanic came into the reception and said "That's a nice car" of course I agreed with him; he went on to say he has friends with Yeti's and they all love them.

Our Yeti is a keeper; we still love it  and it's a pleasure to own & drive; as long as it doesn't start to cost a lot in repairs we won't part with it and looking at the price of modern boxes we can buy a lot of spares for what it would cost to buy another new car. We usually trade in for new at two or max three years; if Yeti's were still made we'd be on our third now.

We no longer trust main Skoda dealers and have found an independent privately owned service garage with a top reputation for honesty; this garage did the MOT today and will be servicing the car shortly.

We don't want to trade down to a milk float living in fear of a big battery. C'mon Skoda; break the trend and reopen the Yeti production line but build Yeti's without so many unwanted electronics.

Kind regards, Col.

My other half agrees. Could have had a used Karoq or Tiguan in February, but she demanded another Yeti ! I travelled 4 hours each way to get a 2018 one for her !

There's no reason why your car won't go on 'forever'  or as long as you want it to.

• Like 1

Ours was 9 years old on January 12th.
I gave it a polish last week and it looks like new, the roof rails looked a bit jaded so I treated them to a rub down with Owatrol and they look new again.
57,500 miles and going as good as it's ever done, excellent roadholding with about 60 mpg if not pushing on too hard, the annual road tax went up this year to £35, my motorcycle is £117!
It's a keeper 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

When mine got to 7 and a bit  years old a couple of months ago I got cold feet.

Yep it had only done 28k miles and was in outstanding condition and had full Skoda history.

But I'd not had a car this old for decades and I have a close relationship with my Skoda dealer.  They desperately wanted it before the 8 year cutoff to sell it as an approved used car.

So I bit the bullet and swapped it for a new  Karoq. 

I'm still on the fence whether I did the right thing but I wasn't really doing the mileage for a diesel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, logiclee said:

I'm still on the fence whether I did the right thing but I wasn't really doing the mileage for a diesel.

Yes logiclee, same here. We are not using ours anywhere near what we were.

Thinking of going to a little smaller car & so far having a problem what to get.

Been looking at a new Yaris cross hybrid or a new shape Vitara  hybrid.

But they are certainly not a Yeti replacement. 

• Like 1

lol, we have just been having the same conversation but in opposite.  We was talking about going bigger, mainly as I have to have the seat all the way back and the kids are starting to complain about leg room.  Issue is I kinda love the yeti, don’t really like the Karoq and have no idea what to change too.  Was speaking to Skoda salesman about an Octavia but the car we was looking at was an estate and I don’t really think we need that big and it seems like they don’t really want to deal with me as the car I was looking at my px would be 80-90% of the deal.  Might start looking at other manufacturers (I’d like a golf or focus) but nothing really appeals that has more leg room.

• Like 1

Hi,

Many thanks for your replies. We had a lovely Fabia Monte Carlo in Black over red bought new in 2014; it was gorgeous but with it's skinny tyres was like riding on a skateboard and we felt every ripple in the road. We were invited to a VIP day in 2016 and two days before we visited the main dealership looking at various models; we liked the Yeti but wondered if it would be costly to run and insure also it was bigger. Attending the VIP day I was on my own; my wife was too ill to accompany me; we liked the Yeti we had seen and sat in on show in the corner of the showroom with other customers also giving it a good look over. I printed off the best two prices from CarWow taking these along and to save lots of haggling I showed these. The salesman went into the office coming out with a big smile saying we can better this by a great deal. The black Yeti we had sat in was still in the corner of the showroom and I was seated next to it; it was a "Pre Reg" with zero miles on its clock. The deal offered was much better than I could have dreamed of and the trade in price of the Fabia was what was quoted on Honest John's website on top of this free paint/upholstery protection was included. I couldn't understand why it had remained unsold.

We were sorry to let the Fabia go it only being two years old but boy; this Yeti is something entirely different; it being diesel it doe's a lot more miles to the gallon and it is the adblue model attracting then £30 road tax; road tax has been £35 for the last two years and amazingly the insurance for the Yeti is quite a bit cheaper than we paid for the Fabia.

The extra ride height is so useful making life easier for my wife to get in and out; it's very comfortable indeed with its full leather interior and it doesn't rattle our teeth driving over Kirklees pothole infested roads; we paid £600 two years after buying it to have all season tyres fitted "Tyres on the driveway" A battery cost £280 it being the only replacement needed and when bought we paid an extra £240 for the spare wheel. The world these days is a bad place but inside our Yeti is glorious peace; I love driving it and for both my wife and I it's the best car we've ever owned and likely to ever own; I dropped the wing liners last years and rustproofed using Bilt Hamber also I did the inner doors and cills; I really want to get it fully rust proofed but can't find anywhere nearby to do the job.

Trade our lovely Yeti in for a milk float; no way we wouldn't have a milk float given and parking near one worries me in case the milk float self combusts.

Kind regards, Col.

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

Hi,

Just a quick message. Watching YouTube videos I came across one warning of Yeti expansion tanks; they are either single skin or double skin; the double skin can lead to very expensive damage because it contains a silica bag which can split;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ngHGvMzEg&t=13s

It's highly possible this is already mentioned in other threads but it was new to me; new tanks are cheap through eBay (Around £13) and easy to fit; our Yeti has the single skin tank so I heaved a sigh of relief.

Kind regards, Col.