Unbelievable !!!

GR_Octavia_ABT

Today I went to dyno my Octavia.

Last dyno showed 223ps, and since then I have changed the downpipe and the catback, and I have fitted the samco tip, the n75j and a boostvalve controller kit (to adjust overboost spikes).

The first run was made with the n75j and the boostvalve controller kit, and the second run with the oem n75f. See for yourselves what our k03 sport can achieve.

dyno_vamag_17122003_2.jpg

Any comments are more than welcome.

Loukas, they are inded good figures, about on a par with cars with similar mods here :cool:

The only difference I spot is the torque figure, his seems much higher than I'd expect but not sure why :confused:

Next step? Get the head done :D

402 Nm! :eyecrazy:

Who needs diesel? :D

Hmm' date=' so that 12 hp from the exhaust mod (pretty impressive already) and then another 24 hp ( :eek: ) from a new N75?[/quote']

I really don't understand it ... it has to be the combination of the n75j valve and the new downpipe ...

After these mods I was expecting not more than 240-245 ps ...

Next mod is a nice fmic and a tt225 intake manifold (to minimize length of ic tubes as much as possible) ....

402 Nm! :eyecrazy:

Who needs diesel? :D

Hmm' date=' so that 12 hp from the exhaust mod (pretty impressive already) and then another 24 hp ( :eek: ) from a new N75?[/quote']

Some comments on this...

The custom exchaust is now 70mm DP stock cat and 63,5mm cat back.

The N75J was boosting crazy thus leading the ECU (ABT programm) to limp mode.

He installed a secong manual valve to control the output to wastegate after the N75J in order for N75J not to spike too much.

He only need now to fine tune this to lower boost and hp results of course but will have better curve.

He is planning to do it on dyno measuring A/F, air intake temp, etc.

We haven't any Jabba like shop here but we are trying hard to follow... :D:D:D

The N75J was boosting crazy thus leading the ECU (ABT programm) to limp mode.

He installed a secong manual valve to control the output to wastegate after the N75J in order for N75J not to spike too much.

He only need now to fine tune this to lower boost and hp results of course but will have better curve.

Oh, OK, that was with N75J "race" boost. So if the boost is controlled, the top hp will be lower?

And you may be used to those figures, Jon, but I have yet to see the first Dutch 1.8T/K03sport throw out anywhere close to 260 hp...

Oh, OK, that was with N75J "race" boost. So if the boost is controlled, the top hp will be lower?

I will lower a bit my boost figures (by adjusting the mbc) in order to be on the safe side mostly, and yes I think I'm going to loose about 10ps. But even 245-250 will be fine.

Today I went to dyno my Octavia.

Last dyno showed 223ps' date=' and since then I have changed the downpipe and the catback, and I have fitted the samco tip, the n75j and a boostvalve controller kit (to adjust overboost spikes).

[/quote']

Being curious here - what gave the initial 223 hp? It can't be just the 210 hp Abt chip, can it? :D

Or did you change to a different tuner?

Being curious here - what gave the initial 223 hp? It can't be just the 210 hp Abt chip' date=' can it? :D

Or did you change to a different tuner?[/quote']

ABT chip - Denso Iridium spark plugs (IK22) - New South Performance power gasket (intake manifold) - KN air filter - Forge DV006. That was my setup at that time.

ABT chip - Denso Iridium spark plugs (IK22) - New South Performance power gasket (intake manifold) - KN air filter - Forge DV006. That was my setup at that time.

Thanks - that would explain it!

Imagine where you would have got to when the 210 hp Abt chip had been a 230 hp Jabba remap...

So now you need one of the following:

FMIC

Waterspray

Otherwise you will find it struggles with the heat in summer. Your mods are very similar to mine, apart from one little thing (and another that is on the way ;) ), that's why I believe those figures. I am really, really pleased for you :cool:

Loukas, did you ever fit the spray system to yours?

:D

So now you need one of the following:

FMIC

Waterspray

Otherwise you will find it struggles with the heat in summer. Your mods are very similar to mine' date=' apart from one little thing (and another that is on the way ;) ), that's why I believe those figures. I am really, really pleased for you :cool:

:D[/quote']

Thanks.

Yes, fmic is my next step. I am planning to fit a system like this one:

FMIC%20Econo%20Kit%20blkgrnd.jpg

Intake manifold from tt225 in order to have minimum length of pipes, and also I think to relocate the dv, right before the throttle body, with a pre-throttle body T, and rerouted solid piping to the stock DV location.

What's your opinion ?

Οh, I forgot to mention that I have completely removed the plastic screens and the metal mesh in the MAF (front and back). I don't know if that also helped ...