Tuned Octavia vRS's

Side Show Turbo

Im looking to change my car in the summer ( I have a SEAT Ibiza 20VT ) and quite fancy the Octavia vRS. I have two concerns!

1) They seem to devalue at incredible rate

2) Yes they have the same engine as my Ibiza but are they not big heavy machines?

If I was to chip my car tomorrow with Revo or APR etc I would be looking at 200-210 bhp so I gather the Octavia would get the same performance. Ok im not looking to be a boyracer but would a chipped Ibiza hammer the Chipped Octavia vRS over the 1/4 mile?

Whats it to be folks?

Ha!

They don't seem to be devaluing at a quick-rate to me. Looks like they're gonna hold 40-50% value after 3 years.

Citroens, Fiats and Mitsubishi Carismas now those devalue at a frightning rate.

SST,

Welcome to the board! :)

Depreciation,lets see:

2 years old, 26k miles, new cost 14100, cost now 12000

That's alarming! Look around, avaerage mileage 2 year old ones are 11-12k which to me ain't that bad

Dont believe what you read in magazines etc.., you will struggle to find a 3 yr old Y Reg for less than 10k unless of course it has a high mileage. Show me another car that only loses 5k in 3 years, bearing in mind you lose 17.5% as soon as the new car is driven off the forecourt.

The octy has 5 quiet long gears, to reach 100mph you only need to use 1st 2nd and 3rd. Mine has had a jabba remap is running just under 230bhp.

The VRS is more comparitive to the Leon Cupra rather than the Ibiza, with using a 4bar FPR and specific software you can quite easily see upwards of 220bhp and 240ftlb.

I think you'd notice the increased road holding in a VRS over an Ibiza the most, they're not quite as frisky as the ibiza but are by no means slower, especially with the right mods.

I was actually under the impression that they hold there value quite well.

With a warranty! With a frigging warranty!!!!

You don't want that thing!

It's got this horrible exhaust note and you can hear the DV, what ever next.

To top it all you can't see out the windscreen some idiot has stuck a boost gauge in the way.

Des

Simon' date='

Just put yourself out of your misery and buy it, you know it makes sense and you know what's sitting in the garage.

Des[/quote']

Stop it. Stop it. :(

Besides, I wouldn't want to spoil anyone else's plans :D I'll look at my restraint as altruistic. I wonder how long it'll last...?

Si ;)

Interesting that the ad fails to mention any of the mods responsible for the 'claimed' 249bhp..... rolleyes.gif

But I do like the thought of an engine immobiliser and parking sensors - those must be worth squids and squids more than the performance mods to get mentioned in the ad. I just hope that whoever buys it takes the trouble to get an insurance quote before handing over any dosh.....