Fabia 1.4 16v Tuning

msoames21

Do play around with the air system (induction kit, etc). Don't expect a lot of power whith a jabba (non-turbo petrols are useless to chip) All i can suggest personally is the induction kit and a de-cat, maybe lowering and a SEAT sport strut brace.

Speaking to Skoda Technicians they say 130 bhp is not unrealistic and will quite easy to achieve. I'm looking at cams, exhausts and various other engine mods.

ahhhhhh! I thought you were only thinking basic, not hardcore mods.

ahhhhhh! I thought you were only thinking basic, not hardcore mods.

No I wanna eat 106 GTi's and Saxo's for breakfast :bitehard3 and have a go at bigger motors, it was a lotta fun in the Furby VRS!!! I'm also looking to make it a track day car.

Matt

No I wanna eat 106 GTi's and Saxo's for breakfast :bitehard3 and have a go at bigger motors' date=' it was a lotta fun in the Furby VRS!!! I'm also looking to make it a track day car.

Matt[/quote']

for the money you'll be spending, you might as well go for the vRS

Mine was putting out 116bhp with just a Pipercross AI kit and cold air ducting and a De-cat stainless system. There was much more to be found with cams, vernier pulley, throttle bodies, ECU tweaks etc etc. Was speaking to Eric about mine, but the vRS was a cheaper bet in the long run and much more tuneable. 190 brake is actualy possible with the car running at around 10,000rpm! :Yikes:

That is running normally aspirated. TSR (www.tsr-performance.com) do a turbo kit for the 1.4 16v which puts out 140bhp on a standard engine, but they told me that 160bhp was possible with some boost tweaks! (Runs 0.5bar standard, but can be upped to about 0.8bar) Boost can't be too high, bearing in mind that the internals aren't designed for a turbo!

Hope this helps you out. I very nearly went this route myself, but needed a more economical car due to work commitments! :(

No I wanna eat 106 GTi's and Saxo's for breakfast :bitehard3 and have a go at bigger motors' date=' it was a lotta fun in the Furby VRS!!! I'm also looking to make it a track day car.

Matt[/quote']

Saxo's! There easy to beat, cause most of the time they are being driven by a 17 year old who has no idea how to drive yet! GTi Pug's are another matter though!

The car I bought was 5000, a VRS is 12000, that gives me 7000 price advantage over a VRS. Plenty to go faster. I'm a petrol head unfortunatly but I can walk to work so it doesn't matter :1: . I like the sound of 10000 rpm though!!! Saxo's you wouldn't like to meet my mate, proper looney its only a 1.4 furio but if there is a roundabout involved you've got no chance, proper nut, sticks to the speed limit though, all the time.

Matt

Mine was putting out 116bhp with just a Pipercross AI kit and cold air ducting and a De-cat stainless system. There was much more to be found with cams' date=' vernier pulley, throttle bodies, ECU tweaks etc etc. Was speaking to Eric about mine, but the vRS was a cheaper bet in the long run and much more tuneable. 190 brake is actualy possible with the car running at around 10,000rpm! :Yikes:

That is running normally aspirated. TSR ([url']www.tsr-performance.com[/url]) do a turbo kit for the 1.4 16v which puts out 140bhp on a standard engine, but they told me that 160bhp was possible with some boost tweaks! (Runs 0.5bar standard, but can be upped to about 0.8bar) Boost can't be too high, bearing in mind that the internals aren't designed for a turbo!

Hope this helps you out. I very nearly went this route myself, but needed a more economical car due to work commitments! :(

Hello....I'm Stefanos Spiropoulos....(Fabiamaniac)

I have on my fabia a filter Pipercross too....and a better final exhaust...

The turbo solution , really interests me but....could you help me with the price....????Is it too expensive...???Where should i ask for more details...???What would be the best solution (money+power)....???To have my 1.4 engine with a turbo.... or put a new one 1.8turbo engine...???Where i should ask for a 1.8turbo engine to buy.....????

Thanks ...and sorry for my many guestions.....

FABIAMAINIAC

Your car looks well smart' date=' where did you get that body kit from and any idea of how I can get it in the UK?

Matt[/quote']

I am guessing here, so tell me if i'm wrong, but looks like the front and rear bumpers are custom blended, so no 'off the shelf' items as far as I'm aware. The side skirts look very much like the Huthmann tuning items which I have come across often on the German Skoda sites. Does look very nice though. :D

FABIAMAINIAC

Your car looks well smart' date=' where did you get that body kit from and any idea of how I can get it in the UK?

Matt[/quote']

Thanks for your nice comments....!!!Sorry for not answering before , but i can only have internet access all the days except weekend...!!!The body kit is "custom made" and i don't know where you could find it...in UK.....sorry...!!!Maybe if you come here in Greece.....you will need only 2-3 days having vacation and your car will look different....:scatter:

But i have to say that the best Fabia (red) i've ever seen is somewhere in CZECH REPUBLIC...!!!I don't know if the owner would like to give the photos of his Fabia , but i hope this word might remind you something....

"WASABI"....

The owner has the "Best Fabia Modifa"......

DOH :doh: Well, hopefully mine will look as good as that when its done, have you done anything to the interior? I'm probably in the wrong forum for this but could anyone let me know the offset for Fabia wheels?

Thanks

Matt

DOH :doh: Well' date=' hopefully mine will look as good as that when its done, have you done anything to the interior? I'm probably in the wrong forum for this but could anyone let me know the offset for Fabia wheels?

Thanks

Matt[/quote']

Hello,Matt....

Saying offset for Fabia wheels,i guess you mean the size....!!!

I have the 205/45/16 tyres with 16" wheels...!!!

I think that the best for the car is 195/50/15".....because you can have the best power of your car...!!!16"...17"...etc....wheels are too heavy for Fabia so.....less power on the road...!!!But the most beatifull is something with 16"...17"...or even 18" wheels....!!!For 17" wheels you can have 205/40/17" tyres....

Sorry, I mean the distance between all the bolts, i'm looking at getting 17" wheels which should look pretty cool. Then 190 bhp!!!!!! Does anyone know if both turbo and NA tuning are possible together? I'm a proper speed freak!!! :driverall

Matt

I don't think anyone has bothered to measure the bolt distances, but if it helps, the same 5 stud hubs are used on all Skoda's, VW's, SEAT's and AUDI's, apart from the SEAT Arosa/vw Lupo, and maybe the VW Phaeton, Touraeg and the more expensive AUDI's

Does anyone know if both turbo and NA tuning are possible together? I'm a proper speed freak!!! :driverall

Matt

I don't see why you can't do conventional NA tuning and then add a turbo. In doing both you're obviously going to put the engine under much more stress so you'll have to take that into consideration to e.g. stronger bottom end, bolts, drive shaft perhaps. Cooling will also have to be considered.

Why not get a 225bhp TT engine.....has the bigger K04 turbo and the strengthen bottom end. Twin intercoolers might be a problem...then consider a charge cooler. A remap would give in the region of 280bhp. Don't know if the standard drive shafts would be up to this though.

Even a "normal" 1.8T would give you 225+bhp.

Jon posted up a link to a Fabia with 1.8T in it...so we know it fits.

Perhaps would work out cheaper than doing NA mods and adding a turbo.

IIRC Awesome GTi used to do all sorts of engine transplants. TSR as well.

Thanks for the artical, very useful and highlighted how ignorant I really am when it comes to tyres. But it still didn't tell me the magic number(s) for the distance between the bolts on my Fabia, i'll work it out later.

For the turbo subject, it would be nice to have one but as you say an engine transplant would be better. First off though I gotta sort the looks :cool:

Matt