Favorit immobiliser

Mattblack

I have a 1994 (M reg) Favorit GLXiE hatchback, when I bought the car only 1 of the immobiliser keys worked, so I ordered another key from the local Skoda dealer (I had the code as the garage I bought the car from sold it new, so still had all the details on record). Now the other key has packed up and the guy at the dealers has advised me to have the immobiliser removed (

I have a 1994 (M reg) Favorit GLXiE hatchback, when I bought the car only 1 of the immobiliser keys worked, so I ordered another key from the local Skoda dealer (I had the code as the garage I bought the car from sold it new, so still had all the details on record). Now the other key has packed up and the guy at the dealers has advised me to have the immobiliser removed (

with regards to your little problem with your immobiliser take out the dash panel insert,behind that you will see a little box secured to a bracket,remove that box and follow the wires which if memory serves me right will go top the back of the ignition switch and the other loom will go to the fuel pump wiring loom loctated in the n/s/f kick panel.hope this helps you.

Sorted it out today, pretty straightfoward once I'd sorted out which terminal was which on the ignition switch (the Haynes manual is not much use!!) Took it for a run to make sure gauges ect. were OK after disturbing panel, found I had a sticking brake cylinder so had to free that off. Hopefully just through standing for a week in the damp weather, seems OK now.

• 7 months later...

I guessed the later models would be.

But wondered as this is one of the first of the estates and is "only" the imobiliser that it might be simpler. Certainly it is only the rf tag in the key, as it doesn't even have remote lock/unlock (yet :) ).

But wondered as this is one of the first of the estates and is "only" the imobiliser that it might be simpler. Certainly it is only the rf tag in the key' date=' as it doesn't even have remote lock/unlock (yet :) ).[/quote']

The right alarm will work with the immobiliser. IIRC some of the cobra thatcham 1 alarms even use the standard fob.

But wondered as this is one of the first of the estates and is "only" the imobiliser that it might be simpler. Certainly it is only the rf tag in the key' date=' as it doesn't even have remote lock/unlock (yet :) ).[/quote']

it may only be a little chip in the key but trying to reproduce the "rolling" code is damn near impossible.

• 6 months later...

I'm down to my last immobiliser key on my Favorit GLXiE Estate (had 4!)

Wondering what I should do.

According to the Skoda dealership in Plymton, Plymouth (IML), `Skoda aren't issuing replacement keys anymore` and they no longer use them since they had so much trouble with them.

Seeing as I have a working key, and got the car from dad who bought from new I should be able to get a replacement 3rd party.

These people might be able to help:

http://www.injectioncorrection.co.uk/index.php?id=enquiries∂=REU0790

and I've sent them an email.

What I thought might be a good idea would be to get plenty of replacement keys.

Maybe keep two working keys and disable the immobiliser until I sell it...if I do I guess...

Thing is, I'm not really too sure about fiddling with an immobiliser, especially as the I've only got city permit parking at the moment.. :D Is it safe to fiddle? Because it's an immobiliser I'm not too sure about fiddling like I normally do with stuff.

Is the problem mechanical in the key or is the code sequence just wrong? Is it worth trying to crack open the key to look for a loose connection?

Finally, has anyone else got any links on the subject. I was very suprised not to find anything through google as it's supposed to be a common problem.

edit::

For people reading this thread as a reference....

I disabled my immbiliser at IML Plymouth for

It is a common problem on the Favorit.

But Skoda distroyed all the keys left.

When the cars was built there was 5 keys for each of the immobilisers.

Number 1 and 2 was given to the customer.Number 3,4 and 5 was in stock with Skoda and could be bought by the registerer keeper.

But what they found was that the keys if you like had a shelf life.

The majority that I ordered did not work.

So there was an official bulletin sent to all dealers saying that Skoda reccomended that all keys was distroyed and that they reccomend all customers to have the immobilser removed.

It is not hard and if done correctly you can still have the light flashing so it looks like the immobiliser still works.