Visited AMD today...

Decron

Decided to get the standard generic One-Click map refined a bit.

I wanted the torque to come in a bit later, a bit slower but get a bit more out of it mid to high range. The main reason for this is I don't want to eviscerate the new clutch that I have just had fitted :rolleyes: but still keep the cars performance.

I am happy to say they hit the nail on the head, it has reduced the perception of lag and has smoothed the delivery out nicely. We also now hae around 9 bhp and 10lbft more on tap, not a massive increase but with the better range the car is a lot smoother, easier and better to drive so it is quicker :)

torqueamd1.jpg

bhpamd1.jpg

That will do me nicely. Thank you AMD!

How much did it cost to get the One-Click changed as it's a good idea for those starting off with a generic that end up doing more to the car later on, not me of course just for all the others as mine's still standard.

The Fabia would still loose. The difference between my Octavia remapped and a standard VRS isnt that great.

Is there a big difference between One Click Fabia's and Remapped? Probably not enough to notice i presume!

Is there a big difference between One Click Fabia's and Remapped? Probably not enough to notice i presume!

A one-clicked Fabia IS a remapped Fabia.

And the difference between an AMD generic map, and say the more aggressive REVO map is negligible. ;)

A generic map tends to jump the bhp up to 150-170 bhp (depending on RR, generally a tad optimistic), whereas a custom one tends to go up at least another 10-20 bhp on top of that (if going for max output power).

I'd therefore have thought the custom one should be 'faster' unless the generic map is already very aggressive. Some are more than others, the AMD one is a fairly safe (but fun :D) generic one, IIRC 155 bhp was bantered about for it.

The big reason for a custom remapping though should be getting the best out of the modifications fitted to a car, or in some cases saving the clutch :)

Either way, a remap does tend to increase the amount of enjoyment out of the car, definitely worth it if the insurance increase doesn't kill ya :thumbup:

How much did it cost to get the One-Click changed as it's a good idea for those starting off with a generic that end up doing more to the car later on, not me of course just for all the others as mine's still standard.

Well I bought mine in a group buy for a very good price :) The cost of the mod is as above.

A generic map tends to jump the bhp up to 150-170 bhp (depending on RR, generally a tad optimistic), whereas a custom one tends to go up at least another 10-20 bhp on top of that (if going for max output power).

I'd therefore have thought the custom one should be 'faster' unless the generic map is already very aggressive. Some are more than others, the AMD one is a fairly safe (but fun :D) generic one, IIRC 155 bhp was bantered about for it.

The One click is a bit more that...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/general-car-chat/rolling-road-comparison-marlin-vs-interpro/52937/

Hi ya, had the guys at AmD play with my vRS and let me just say, WHOOSH! Warp drive engaged, as Mr. Corrado VR6 and Mr. Mercades cosworth 2.3 16v have witnessed..... You know who you are! AmD have managed to get the power to come in just when it is of most use, Mid range. I have given one or two Impreza drivers food for thought as well.